thank you so much Joe. I have just now downloaded it, but as its a zip file were do I extract it to?

one more question someone on here might be able to help me with. I have EZOC and all my  views were ok until I installed the PMDG SP-1  update. now my external views only, just a very partial view with 95% of my aircraft missing.............help someone !

Hi Patrick..

Have you looked into the zip file to see what is in there?  Usually there is either an install program to run or there are instructions on how to install the files provided in a text file. The other place top look is on the product's website for some install instructions.

Either way it is probably a good idea to unzip the file to your desktop and from there you can run the install program or move the files into their appropriate places on your system.

J.

• Like 1

I dont have an iPad so I cant tell you how to connect.

I have a Android equivilent which requires the PC program to be running and the tablet to have a wireless connection to the same network the PC is on. The Tablet software then has to be configured to look for the PC on the network that is running FSX and the PC side of the software.

• Like 1

I dont have an iPad so I cant tell you how to connect.

I have a Android equivilent which requires the PC program to be running and the tablet to have a wireless connection to the same network the PC is on. The Tablet software then has to be configured to look for the PC on the network that is running FSX and the PC side of the software.

I have everything done except configure my tablet to look for my PC, its on the same network, any idea how to do that?

Patrick,

I am more than happy to help but I am going to be unavailable until the weekend,  if you haven't got it working by then I will get a copy of the app and see if I can get it working and help you as best I can.

I appreciate these things are so frustrating but we will get you up and running.

Kind regards,

Joe

• Like 1

FYI Guys, this app looks great and I am trying to hook it up for 2 reasons

1. to save the use if a very important monitor, which then can be used for something else
  2. on long flights I would be able to monitor progress from downstairs 
Hi Patrick,

I have this set up now and it may be useful to you and others to know how it works (As I see it)

There are 3 components needed to make it work.

1. The app called FSXFollow;
2. The PC program called FSXFollow; and
3. FSX Installed and running.

How it works: The FSXFollow PC program picks up the data via simconnect from FSX and 'transmits' it to www.positiongames.com. You start the FSXFollow app which automatically connects to the FSXFollow server on the internet and you then pick up your flight to follow.

So you need to have your flight sim PC and iPad connected to the internet. They don't need to be on the same home network. This means you could start a long haul flight, pop into town for a coffee, take your iPad and watch your progress!

Installation:
1. The app installation is automated.
2. The PC installation should be straight forward, just accept the default prompts. NOTE: your PC may come up with a Firewall warning asking you to allow access, you must say Yes. 

Getting things running.

1. Start up your flight in FSX, here we are on the tarmac at Lake Tahoe 

tahoe.jpg~original

2. Start up the PC version of FSXFollow, the program should say 'Connected to Flight Simulator'

ScreenShot002.png~original

3. In the PC FSX Follow program, click on Tools, then click on 'Set Session name' set any name you like, this will be the name you will see in the iPad app later.

ScreenShot003.png~original

ScreenShot004.png~original

4. In the PC FSXFollow program, click on Tools, then click on Log On.

ScreenShot005.png~original

You will then see the PC program connecting to the Position Games server and transmitting the data, you can minimise the program but don't close it.

ScreenShot006.png~original

Now to your iPad.

Open the app, it will connect to the server, the screen will say 'Retrieving plane list' and then show active sessions running one of which should be ours. (At busy times you may have to scroll through a list), when you see our session tap on the name. Note: you can follow other simmers flights too!

pat1.jpg~original

The app will then switch to the map screen and show your aircraft on a Google Map.

pat2.jpg~original

You can change the map type.

pat3.jpg~original

Hopefully this will help, let us know how you get on.

Cheers,
Joe

• Like 2

I am glad you got it going, I have an Android tablet version in use and have a dedicated 7 inch tablet just for it as I have found it such a good addition.

Its a great moving map for about the same cost a Saitek instrument.