Cant install update after re-install

Hi there, long time reader, first time poster!

I recently reinstalled my entire FSX set-up and all associated add-ons.

All has gone smoothly (albeit taken a long time) except Air Hauler. I have re-installed the main program without any problems but when I run the patch installer I hit a problem. The installer runs and I select the "unlock from digital download" (or whatever the exact wording is) the installer then tries to contact Just flight for verification but fails with a shop server error.

I have been in contact with JF support (and am still in contact with them) but as yet we haven't solved the issue. Have tried changing my default browser back to IE (as per their suggestion) but with no luck. Just wondered if anyone else had had simialr problems at all.

Paul

Yes, tried with admin rights etc.

Bit frustrating. I didn't have this problem when I installed it previously, and every other add-on has reinstalled fine, there's always one to trip you up though!

Yes, tried with admin rights etc.

Bit frustrating. I didn't have this problem when I installed it previously, and every other add-on has reinstalled fine, there's always one to trip you up though!

Hi there,

got the exact same issue. No problem installing Air Hauler itself, but the update won´t fly. The window, where you have to sign in to your Just Flight account, comes up with an error message, saying "Server error in '/shop' application". Sounds very much like a programming error or glitch somewhere, which we can do nothing to fix locally.

I got a ticket too, but haven´t heard anything yet.

Maddox

That sounds like the exact same eror message I get. Just flight support advised me to change default browser to IE (was using firefox) and try but I had the same problem.

If I hear anything else I will let you know.

Paul

Maddox

That sounds like the exact same eror message I get. Just flight support advised me to change default browser to IE (was using firefox) and try but I had the same problem.

Paul

Thanks, and likewise.

All I can say is that "Server error in application" usually refers to a .NET error in the programming, so we´re gonna have a hard time doing anything about it locally. It´s ´s a server bug, a database bug, or something like that. Just my guess.

Maddox

Paul

Paul,

could you try and open your Air Hauler, select "About" and check the version number?

I got tired of waiting for a response from Just Flight Support, so I tried to install the service pack, using the last option in the installer (the one mentioning a serial code). The install went through without any problems and my version in Air Hauler says "Air Hauler 1.54 (SP 4.1)". I tried launching a flight and everything seems to be running.

/Maddox

Maddox, Will try when I get home tonight. Had an e-mail from Just Flight basically saying they were not sure what to suggest and would I like to exchange the product!

Have e-mailed them back saying I dont want to exchange. They can verify my purchase can they not send me a version of the patch that doesn't need to check with JF that I have a valid purchase. Not expecting that to happen but no harm in asking.

Will try your suggestion tonight though, Thanks

Maddox,

You are a star, tried to install with the bottom option and worked a treat, version is now 1.54 SP4.1.

I am away on holiday so glad I got this sorted before I went, can look forward to starting my new company when I get back. Thanks again for all your help.

Paul