Thank you Geoffrey

generally speaking you want NE to be on the top

but... it makes no difference unless the sceneries are competing with elements

for example, both have night layer or both sceneries have lighting systems (orbx vector etc...)

then you want NE to be on top of that for sure

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yeah... this will defiantly be my first NE region... I'm really blown away by the accuracy of the first image, I live close to ESSA so Í know exactly where that shot is taken (Approach to 01L). Actually I drive past that large intersection on my way to work most days of the week....

I think I also identified a couple of shots over the centre of Stockholm coming in from the south, with the approach lights for ESSB visible, might that be correct?

The only thing that isn't fully accurate is that some of the roads displayed with lights definitely are not lit in real life.. but reading the production description I assume this is intentional  ;)

• Like 1

you guys are very sweet

Mikael, you’ve got me there

way over my head with exact positioning

I’m pretty sure you identified the location though

i just can’t confirm due to lack of knowledge of the area

first set was taken over Stockholm's ESSA area

and the second set was mainly from Söder, Malmö tip, facing Copenhagen

then from Copenhagen facing Sweden, where the connecting bridge goes

as for accuracy; we didn’t compromise any of it

what we did is add just little glitz to the night

i wasn’t happy with spotted look for some road type

ive changed it to be continues for some roads;

this enhances your ability to identify some road type easily now

that is little inaccurate compared to real world, as some of these will be without light

its as close as we can get to give you a real world feel, with little sprinkle on the top (not too much i hope)

Looked great in the short test flight I managed last night... could easily find my house based on the roads and I found it to be very up to date too with a few very new additions to the road network of the closest town in there.  :thum:

I can totally understand the decision to add lights to roads that lack them in real world, in Sweden most roads outside urban areas are unlit, even the highways, so your product wouldn't make much sense to do it perfectly true to reality..

• Like 1

Oh, and the info on some shots taken over Copenhagen cleared out the airport visible in the second to last image (and a few more).. couldn't figure out where in Sweden that was since I'm fairly sure ESSA is the only airport in Sweden with more than two runway, and the layout sure didn't fit ESSA ;)

• Like 1

Thank you very much Mikael

for both your support and kind words

i enjoy getting local feedback that can compare our results with real world

this is very important for me for further enhancements

it almost sound like the road lighting system in Sweden resembles France

they too don’t have lights outside the main city grid; it has been a challenge to mimic that

we still haven’t got our final result to judge, and our most important critic didn’t say his word yet, our customers!