FSUIPC expert?

I have a spare numeric keyboard, The sort that has all the numbers, num lock, back space, and the arithmetic signs etc.

I want to use this as a keypad for FSX commands and have it independent of my computers keyboard.  Can I do this through registered FSUIPC?

If not is there another way?

I believe you can john.

When you are in fsuipc, you need to be on the buttons page, then press a key on you keypad and assign a function to it. I'm only on my ipad at the mo' so I can't check it for you. I will have a look later.

Hope this is of some slender help for you.

Hang in there because Jess is a whizz at fsuipc.

Thanks Guys, Joe, I have seen Linda but would rather use FSUIPC as I don't want to have yet another program running in the background with FSX.

Brian, I will have a tinker with the buttons page in FSUIPC and see what I can do.  FSUIPC seems to me to be a bottomless pit when it comes to FSX. so far it has probably been the best thing I have bought for my simulator.

Once again thanks Brian & Joe.  FSUIPC recognized the number pad as a device and I can now program it.  Another layer of FSUIPC that I understand!  

Someone should give a master class in FSUIPC, it is a vital piece of kit that manages so much. Pete Dowson is a true FS Hero!  

If MH ever wants to give an award for services to the flight sim world, he is the guy that would get my vote!

Also whilst we are on this topic, it would be worth pointing out that, it is beneficial to have the registered version, as this opens all sorts of options that are not included in the freeware version.

If I remember correctly, FSUIPC has won a MH award in the past. Correct me if I'm wrong Joe. As I'm sure you will. ;)

FSUIPC is one of those things that I probably could have got away with the free version but was so impressed that I registered it to show my appreciation.

Since then I have uncovered so much more that I wouldn't have had access to if I had just stayed with the free version that the registration fee has proved to be worth while even without my altruistic motives.

I wouldn't like to be the one to review it, going through all of its features would take forever!

Fsuipc is an absolute must as far as I'm concerned. It's a great way of keeping multiple configurations for multiple aircraft. As for Brian's assertion I'm a wizz, well I'm not to sure, but I'm happy to write a quick guide, if that's ok with da boss.

Best wishes,

Jess

Ps, JG, what's your muppet name please. I need it for.....um.......stuff. ;)

Fsuipc is an absolute must as far as I'm concerned. It's a great way of keeping multiple configurations for multiple aircraft. As for Brian's assertion I'm a wizz, well I'm not to sure, but I'm happy to write a quick guide, if that's ok with da boss.

Best wishes,

Jess

Ps, JG, what's your muppet name please. I need it for.....um.......stuff. ;)

Thanks Jess, I would like a quick guide to FSUIPC please.

Hi Jess.  

Any guide to FSUIPC would be fantastic.  I have had it a year and am still not sure I know all it can do, in fact I am sure I don't!

My Muppet name, its J.G. naturally!  Look at my sig and you will find both him and me in it.  He is the one with the sign.  :th_blush: