my home airport (Perpignan) is finally made

and i have to say it is quite good as well, even better than that made by occitania

dreamflight have certainly done it proud

now you can all see where i have been flying out of for the last 12 years

http://secure.simmarket.com/dreamflight-studios-perpignan-rivesaltes-airport-lfmp-fsx.phtml

I flew into Perpignan airport once, Ryan Jet or Easy Air, I forget which. They only fly in in the tourist season so when I go down that way I usually end up going to Gerona or Barcelona and going back across the boarder.

I shall have to reciprocate and visit you loic, i will keep an eye out for the 310 :)

John its all change down here now, ryanscare is pulling out of Gerona completely by years end, going into El Prat only now

also all flights to this neck of the world ie Carcassonne, Bezier, Perpignan, are also finished until april next year :(

I am having an awful time trying to get the kids a flight here for xmas, the way it is looking they are going to have to drive down .or catch cheesy jet to Toulouse or Montpelier

My only visit to Perpignan was in 1959, when we were 'packaged' en route to Lloret de Mar on the Costa Brava. Dan Air - or similar - took us from Gatwick in a beautiful, silver DC-3. The flight took 4 (four, count 'em) hours and we had sweeties for our ears before descending. My lingering memory of the airport's 'facilities' was a hole in the floor and 2 small pads for your feet whist you squatted.

I must return there, sometime...

Abiento - Dai. :old-git:

DDavid

Quote: "My lingering memory of the airport's 'facilities' was a hole in the floor and 2 small pads for your feet whist you squatted".

And that was the Airport restaurant then Dai?  :whis:

• Like 1

well I can reassure you both it hasnt changed that much

no all joking aside the bogs at the airport are now modern however some motorway services can bring the odd smile or grimmance

there is a motorway service just this side of the millau viaduct where there is only 1 place for men and ladies and the looks on peoples faces at times is hilarious i was standing at a mens pissoir next to a toilet door and a very pretty young lady came out , looked at me pointing percy at the porcelain , took a look at percy and walked off, thankfully she didnt leave laughing but the look on some brits faces needed a camera.

talk about a face like they had sucked lemons :)

yes there are still lots of places in france that have the old footprint bogs, just be careful when flushing that you are in the act of leaving if not you get you shoes washed free of charge :):):)

I am still trying to figure out the parking numbers and lines in picture one and what wine drunk painted the heli circle and letters in pic four. Do I get instructions if I buy it. :D  

There was a chopper parked on the pad when the painter started work after a French lunch. Either that or he'll come back and write HAHAHA. :)

well Loic I made it I thought i would try out a short field operation with the new aerosoft A318 bringing in 63 pax and 760kgs of freight, needless to say I left empty as there wasnt a sinner around to put on board

2014-9-27_19-34-53-382.png

2014-9-27_19-35-22-98.png

2014-9-27_19-35-42-943.png