18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a subscription based service like Sim-unlimited?

• Yes
    • No
    • Only if it was clear what was going to be delivered

I' bringing in a bit late on this thread - last six days have been 'in transit' days with little or no connection time.

I did not vote, but if I had, it would have been 'no'.

Read JG's comments, above. He pretty much says what I would have said about this concept. Remember, I'm one of those guys who does not like the concept of the Cloud or any similar ideas. Just someone else having control over my activities. The same goes for my Sim purchases. I buy what I want when I want.

Hi Bill, welcome to the forums here. :)

Thanks for chiming in, it has at least given us a better view of what is involved. I am an old time user of Plum Island and have always admired your work so your involvement was a big plus. Siletz Bay and Cushman meadows is still on my wish list but I can only afford so much per year with the prices as they are now a days.

Unfortunately, I am with the others in that I would rather pick and choose what scenery I need or want for my sim. I might add that this might still be an attractive idea for those starting off with FSX that want varied scenery destinations. Good luck with the project.  :)

I asked a question of members on the ES forum some weeks ago. Would you be willing to pay £10 to have a model of your own home made in order that you could fly over it. I pointed out that the 'client' would need to supply the relevant pictures of the property.

Interest generated, zero!

If you guys want to give money away I'm happy to accept it. On a monthly basis I can then pass it on to a worthy charity, one that doesn't employ a chief executive on 100K a year or spend 300K on TV advertising.

Seasons Greeting to one and all.

Tony

Whilst I've not read any of the above replies, my initial thought would be to run a mile from something like this.

I've seen it all too often in the real world where companies offer a 'savings plan' for people to pay into through the year with the promise of discounted items etc... around xmas time. Only for the company to mysteriously vanish just before people want to take their money/gifts back.

Of course, this could all be above board and they have the best intentions and run by respectable people, but I'd be very wary

Whilst I've not read any of the above replies, my initial thought would be to run a mile from something like this.

I've seen it all too often in the real world where companies offer a 'savings plan' for people to pay into through the year with the promise of discounted items etc... around xmas time. Only for the company to mysteriously vanish just before people want to take their money/gifts back.

Of course, this could all be above board and they have the best intentions and run by respectable people, but I'd be very wary

I admit, the joining fee gave me the same impression. It's a little much... :(

- Russ