Orbx uninstaller - have they created one yet?

So I was thinking about starting over with a fresh install - but last time I did this orbx couldn't be uninstalled. I deleted the folders and all good but obviously there still exists the registry entries - this caused me a lot of grief because it wouldn't let me install again until it was all cleaned up.

Not something I would like to do twice so wondering if orbx have an uninstaller yet?

Think I know the answer already but please surprise me hehe.

Thanks

Jim

I have an FTX Global uninstaller but I guess that only does global......last time I did a reinstall was a new HD and that was when I had to swop to FSXSE too////

Wayne

As far as I know, they dont have uninstallers, which IMHO is ridiculous and not very professional. In all reviews that should be mentioned and if points are given, less should be given.. Then maybe they would cinsider making uninstallers. But it seems like ORBX is something that cannot be critizised and that everyone accepts their ways.

On the other hand, uninstallers can be "dangerous" The Globe Swift from Aeroplane Heaven erased my effects folder. :wacko2:

A lot of software houses don't clear out registry entries when uninstalling, in fact they often try to hide entries under ambiguous folder names to stop users deleting them. This is understandable if you are trying an expensive (I'm talking Adobe) time limited demo products, otherwise you would be able to keep uninstalling a and reinstalling ad infinitum.

Having the registry entries retained can be useful when reinstalling software like Orbx, where you may have many titles. You don't have to to reactivate them even if you are (for example) upgrading from FSX to P3D.

The answer could be to use a registry cleaner but I have a feeling that some of the switched on developers are wise to this.  

:twocents: