Help! I can't get ASN working with FSX: SE

Hi there, does anyone know how to get fsx steam edition and ASN to work. I have tried umteen time to no avail and the only other place to turn was the forums. I keep getting the ASNconnet issue and then the Error reading the weather so ASN then just shuts down. its driven me crazy trying to solve it. 

Regards Tom

Welcome aboard.  I don't use either of those so can't offer any help but wanted to say hello and welcome you to the forums.  There are some pretty sharp people hanging around here and I'm confident you'll get some help.

John

Hi Tom and welcome to Mutley's Hangar.

I haven't had the problems you are experiencing but I came across this from communitysteam.com

I hope this helps you get things working.

Cheers

Brian

Make the following changes to the DLL file (right click, then edit) found in:

"**your local drive**\Users\**your user**\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX" (Be sure you can see hidden files)

Add this text, before the last line:

<Launch.Addon>

<Name>as_connect</Name>

<Disabled>False</Disabled>

<Path>as_srv\as_btstrp.dll</Path>

</Launch.Addon>

Does it need simconnect running? I thought I remember something about Steam not automatically installing it. See this vid if it does

Welcome to the forums here Tom, I hope we can get to the bottom of this problem for you. :)
  • Like 1

Does it need simconnect running? I thought I remember something about Steam not automatically installing it. See this vid if it does

Welcome to the forums here Tom, I hope we can get to the bottom of this problem for you. :)

Thanks for this i 'think' i have sorted it 

Regards Tom

Welcome Thomas, I hope you get it sorted, I use ASN and FSXSE, had that issue when Steam version first came out but HIFI sorted it with a big patch. Keep an eye on their website, they are very helpful on their forum too....

Wayne

Tom, is the headset problem with all your aircraft or just one or two? I have read that with vPilot that it only will work with aircraft with a dedicated avionics on/off switch. If this is the case you might want to set up a key command to do this. :)