Vulcan East Midlands 27/06/2015

Hi Guys,

I am no plane spotter or anything but when I found out that the Vulcan was passing my local, I had to be there!! So took the mrs and the son to the egde of the runway and got my lovely wife to snap some pics. Unfortunately no fancy gear just a Samsung Galaxy phone - but still experiencing that fly over i almost wet my pants :)

A few prior to the pass...

20150627_153201.jpg

20150627_153203.jpg

Now the pass...

20150627_153204.jpg

Went almost vertical and then sloped off to show its wonderful camo wings :)

20150627_154516.jpg

20150627_154521.jpg

20150627_154525.jpg

Then one final fly over - straight back over our heads - wonderful!

20150627_154526.jpg

20150627_154544.jpg

And a video (not created by me) but someone that was there - thanks a bunch for aiding me to re-live this experience...

https://youtu.be/Tz9Qj1m2nng

• Like 2

Great shots, and from a mobile too !

Already got my tickets for Wings and Wheels in August...Vulcan and the BOB Memorial flight due to fly. Can't wait to see them again. Not remotely interested in the cars though.

Awesome machine isn't it? Built to carry horrendous nuclear weaponry, but we can still admire it for it's beauty and technical achievement. Of the three V Bombers the Vulcan was the most technically advanced.

Last time I saw the Vulcan was at Fairford. My son and daughter, even though they aren't aviation enthusiasts, absolutely loved the display. It was the highlight of the show for them.

what a beauty, I love the vulcan, aside from the old B-17 Memphis Belle (both wont work on my PC now) the Vulcan is the only Military plane I ever bought.......I still have them both on a shelf, just in case I can ever use them again......

Wayne

what a beauty, I love the vulcan, aside from the old B-17 Memphis Belle (both wont work on my PC now) the Vulcan is the only Military plane I ever bought.......I still have them both on a shelf, just in case I can ever use them again......

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Just wondering what you meant by neither of them working on your PC now.. Funny you should say that.. Since i built my current PC about 1 year ande a half ago, my Vulcan and my Concorde won't work.  I've got no idea why.

The Vulcan is the GM (Graviton Mediatech) version and the Concorde is Logo Flight Simulations version.

What was the problem with your two ? 

Cheers

Steph

Thanks guys for the nice comments. I thought this was the last air worthy vulcan at present and this was it's last flight weekend? Are there any more that fly and perform at events?

Ah ok I thought this was the last weekend but actually there are a few more dates places to catch this wonderful plane - shame to see it retire as it is a stunning looking plane. Everything just seems to look the same these days ;)

Wayne

Hi Wayne

Just wondering what you meant by neither of them working on your PC now.. Funny you should say that.. Since i built my current PC about 1 year ande a half ago, my Vulcan and my Concorde won't work.  I've got no idea why.

The Vulcan is the GM (Graviton Mediatech) version and the Concorde is Logo Flight Simulations version.

What was the problem with your two ? 

Cheers

Steph

I have just looked and realised that they are JF versions for FS2004, as I am on Steam using Win 8.1 maybe they are just not compatible anymore...shame because I liked them both,built this PC about 18 months ago and they wouldnt install, they were both working in FSX on my old Win7 machine though...

Wayne

Great shots Jim - was at Newark myself and plenty of wet eyes around the place. Highly impressive - even more so than the two RIAT performances I've seen in my opinion.

Will be uploading my shots in the near future (away from all my photo software at the moment)