Prepar3d has a new hotfix available

Lockheed Martin have released another hotfix for Prepar3d

It is primarily aimed at those using Sim director but there is also a fix for wake issues with aircraft carriers within the sim

details of the content

SimDirector – numerous fixes made to correct crashes and loading visualizations

SimConnect_WeatherRequestCloudState – now correctly returns the proper values in a SIMCONNECT_RECV_CLOUD_STATE structure

Attached floating objects – corrected rendering library objects in a wrong location in relation to the boat veh_carrier01_high_detail_sm SimObjectr

Caveat from LM

Please be aware, if any third party software modified any of the dlls included in the hotfix, you will need to reinstall their content/add-on. Those developers might need to release an update for their products to be compatible with this hotfix. Please contact them directly for any compatibility questions. Additionally, when using this hotfix, any Prepar3D repair or reinstallation will need the hotfix reapplied.

software publishers should sort these out relatively quickly (some already have)

My personal experience with hotfixes is not good, it often results in a broken sim. I prefer to download the updated full installer but of course this then requires re-installing of all software add-ons as well

I will not be installing this hotfix as I am not concerned by the issues it fixes

Pete

All of these hotfix releases make me suspect that there will be no further 2.x version releases of P3D. I reckon that the next release will be version 3.0, which I assume will be a significant upgrade. However, I am not convinced that it will be 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update - 

I have installed a fresh copy of P3d v2.5.12946.0 using the full download/installer on a win 7.1 test setup

plus  

EZDOK 1.1.86 (With 4/2015 Variables.ini file) - I have not tested world camera as I don't use it myself  

FSUIPC latest version 4.939V (v4.939u with updated dll file) 

TRackIR5

Active Sky next Build 5666 - no problems with controlling ambient weather etc 

Pmdg 737ngx aircraft base only

all are working together, 

I will test for a while over weekend and if happy will consider updating my Main sim to this version-  re-installs as required. 

Pete