declaring an emergency

Hi just wondering something, I'm used to using the ATC window on flights to call up airports, towers, weather etc. All the usual stuff. But is there any way of calling a tower etc and declaring an emergency, ,be it a sytems failure, engine problem, a full mayday etc? We know it happens in the real world so why not the virtual one. It would be really good if for instance you declared an engine failure or fire and when you got to the airport all the fire trucks were waiting for you! I guess in the world of FS not everything is possible but it would liven the trips up a bit!

Prehaps its something they could work on for the next incarnations of FS. I'd also like to find a way of ditching an aircraft without either A, the thing bouncing back into the air at full throttle if you turn the crash detector off, ( though some aircraft will stay down for a few seconds) or B, if the crash detector is on it resets the whole ruddy flight! There are a few aircraft that let you ditch but they are few and far between.

I don't think FS ATC is programmed to handle that, and you can appreciate that it could have multiple branches.  I think the best you can do is squawk 7700.

I believe the emergency squawk codes are 

7500 - Hijack

7600 - Loss of communications

7700 - Emergency

John

• Like 1

As Steph mentioned, some of the add-on ATC out there can handle Emergency calls.

Radar Contact I think have that option (it's been a while since I used it), and I'm sure VoxATC does.

As for Pro ATC/X I thought that project was dead in the water. Development had halted to a stop when I checked about 18 months ago. But it appears they are back developing it again...

• Like 1

Agree that the Bounce or Reset issue when crashing/ditching in FSX is annoying as hell.

Just occurred that a possible work around, for Ditching at least, could be to create a new or modify an existing contact point/s in the aircraft.cfg of whichever bird you wish to ditch, and reclassify the "Belly" and possibly other "Bottom" points as a Floats??? Or create a new point/s with the same position data and make a float point there? Anyone know if that is possible?

• Like 1
Agree that the Bounce or Reset issue when crashing/ditching in FSX is annoying as hell.

I think if you set Crash Detection on, you won't bounce, but FSX will reset.  If it's off, you'll skid until you starve to death.

John

• Like 1

I think if you set Crash Detection on, you won't bounce, but FSX will reset.  If it's off, you'll skid until you starve to death.

John

i can't tell you how much that tickled me, John.. 

Lance hates it when i leave the crash detection on, but its hilarious to watch him when its off..

• Like 1