Air Hauler circuit around San Rafael-Calistoga-San Rafael

6 Air Hauler Legs around my home area in a C206 Stationair. I call this Air Hauler company "Just Local" and that's where I fly...short hops within 40 miles of San Rafael, Ca.

While "Filming" this, I hit pause as often as possible to keep the time down, then after a nearly 1 hour total to get through the legs in real time...I found myself with a 27 minute video...I don't even want to watch that ... ... gah.

I spent 2 hours trimming as much fat as possible and still keep a few "pretty shots" between what ended up as mostly take offs and landings on each of 6 legs....and a 16 minute video.

My video editing freeware can't handle sound editing/adding...so...no music. Also no cargo loading scenes, no commentary other than a bit of AI > ATC chatter, and just a few titles at each airport to identify them.

Mazza strip, the second landing...btw...is configured incorrectly in the sim...it should run through the field on the left more oriented with the main road Highway 101 (seasonaly, in between hay cutting apparently)...and not down that side roadway. But in the interest of not taking an Off Runway penalty in Air Hauler..., ..., bash bounce bounce bash..."ok" landing...sigh. :)

If you make it through...cheers.

Well you earned your pay that day. :) Lot of work to make a video, thanks for the :cool: views. :thum: 

San Rafael has a nice atmosphere about the airport and I will have to check out that whole area, Mazza looks like a closed roadway that they now call an airport but sure had a cool approach around that ridge, Sonoma airport, I think it was called, was nice but looked like it could get pretty hot in the middle of that valley. So my favorite airport was probably Graywood Ranch, what a beautiful location that house had being tucked up close to one mountain with the view of the valley before it with another mountain not far across the way. Nice day for flying and I can think of worse ways to make a living. ^_^

Well you earned your pay that day. :) Lot of work to make a video, thanks for the :cool: views. :thum:

San Rafael has a nice atmosphere about the airport and I will have to check out that whole area, Mazza looks like a closed roadway that they now call an airport but sure had a cool approach around that ridge, Sonoma airport, I think it was called, was nice but looked like it could get pretty hot in the middle of that valley. So my favorite airport was probably Graywood Ranch, what a beautiful location that house had being tucked up close to one mountain with the view of the valley before it with another mountain not far across the way. Nice day for flying and I can think of worse ways to make a living. ^_^

Thanks Brett!

I never get tired of flying around my home turf here. The terrain is very very varied, changing every 10-20 miles, or less...from coast, to coast redwood hills, to mountain oak valleys, to wine country, to farm country, to big cities, to rural cites, to wind farms, tidal estuaries, deltas, rivers, lakes, long airports, short fields, asphalt strips, dirt, grass, water...all within a 100 mile radius...and ORBx keeps pecking away at it improving it. :D

Regarding making videos. I have mostly so far been "One Shotting" it since editing options were so limited (cut/cut around/add title/add overlay...and No Sound editing) I am happy to finally purchased something I hope will up my video game. I have a Twotter/Dire Straits backed video I am hankering to make...but it requires lots of scene changes timed to song changes...NO WAY I was going to make that with the old editing software in the freebee program.

But...I am living The MissAdventurous life of Lazy Mattfried...so don't hold yer breath.

Cheers.

Coff

You certainly live in an area with multiple changes of terrain, Matt! A very interesting vid — thank you.     :)

(But do be careful if you use any copyrighted music in your YouTube vids. I got a so-called "copyright strike" for using music that I had downloaded from the net which had been specifically labelled as copyright free).      :censored:

Looking forward to seeing your next one!

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

You certainly live in an area with multiple changes of terrain, Matt! A very interesting vid — thank you.     :)

(But do be careful if you use any copyrighted music in your YouTube vids. I got a so-called "copyright strike" for using music that I had downloaded from the net which had been specifically labelled as copyright free).      :censored:

Looking forward to seeing your next one!

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

The music (from my personal music library) that I have attached so far to videos has been recognized by Youtube, a "Youtube license' has been applied to the videos, and advertisements are attached (those little yellow marks that signal an imminent popup advert)...I assume that Youtube records the number of views/ad clicks and the artists get a small royalty for every clickbait advert that gets clicked on. At least I hope so. I have no intention or desire to "RipOff" artists, and only hope to add some pretty visuals to favorite songs, and have no plans to make any money from my video FS productions. Since I have no original music to use, I have been doing it thus. :D But, i will have a look around for copyright free material...thanks for that tip.