Hi there, I hope you're all well.

I have a quick question.

Currently, I have FSX installed in Program Files x86. Is it true that on Windows 10, you get better performance if I install it in C:>FSX?

And would I get even better performance if I install it on a separate SSD?

Would This also be true if I had UAC set off completely?

Thanks

Ardy

Hi - you may get many answers and opinions at this point, simply because it all depends on the machine and other tweaks that have been made too.

But here is my opinion...

I install FSX on a separate hard drive to my operating system - for some reason I get better performance this way.

I tried in the past installing on SSD but did not improve performance.

I tried installing the scenery on SSD and once again no improvement in blurries or load times.

Now I have operating system installed on SSD so I can boot into windows faster. I have fsx on a different hard drive and all my scenery on yet another hard drive too.

I recently upgraded my PC and found that upgrading the CPU made the best performance boost rather than the GPU. I upgraded both and now my sim is running great.

Hope this was of some help to you?

If you already have it installed there and you have no problems, than keep it there. Some people had problems loading addons in that folder because of the UAC but it didn't have any impact on performance.

If I was to start with a new PC I would probably but FSX in the non UAC protected folder, without having problems with my setup I will leave it as is now with UAC off. 

Hi - you may get many answers and opinions at this point, simply because it all depends on the machine and other tweaks that have been made too.

I install FSX on a separate hard drive to my operating system - for some reason I get better performance this way.

I tried installing the scenery on SSD and once again no improvement in blurries or load times.

Now I have operating system installed on SSD so I can boot into windows faster. I have fsx on a different hard drive and all my scenery on yet another hard drive too.

I recently upgraded my PC and found that upgrading the CPU made the best performance boost rather than the GPU. I upgraded both and now my sim is running great.

Do you install ORBx scenery on a separate drive? I hope this is possible as my FSX drive (a 240G SSD) is nearly full. Would love to put them on my Edrive (it is a regular WD HDD).

Do you install ORBx scenery on a separate drive? I hope this is possible as my FSX drive (a 240G SSD) is nearly full. Would love to put them on my Edrive (it is a regular WD HDD).

I don't have orbx installed but I'm sure you could use 'mklink' to the other hard drive. Go Google it and you will find a guide :) It's great!