Is advanced simming hardware becoming hard to find?

Don't worry about the clock March, they burn out after a bit anyway. :P 

Good luck with the loading of the drivers. :thum: From reading over time it seems that the drivers either work or they mess things up and this is a case by case basis. Many of the threads I read end up with, "well that doesn't happen with me but try this.......". Good 'ol FSX, if it likes your computer you are golden, if not, hair pulling time. :D

Seems to work OK. I loaded the driver and the software, but have yet to try setting up a "profile".

For reference: what I did was copy my "Standard.XML file (On Win7, it's in [Drive]/Users/[username]/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/FSX/Controls) I also copies the FSX.CFG file to a safe place. Sure enough, the loading of the driver reset the whole shooting match. I simply reloaded the copied files and I was back in business.

Hopefully, tonight I'll get time to try a profile or two. The planes I fly in the sim are quite varied in their configurations - jet, twin radials, single engine radial so I'm hoping to assign quite different functions to the various switches and levers. If I get real keen, I might even see if I can buy a second quadrant which would be real nice for the twins. Imagine: two throttles, two prop controls, two mixture levers, two feathering switches, etc.

I'm already getting snide remarks from SWMBO over "flying a desk". Isn't retirement fun?

• Like 1