Mouse wheel

My mouse wheel acts as a zoom allowing me to move in and out from any view that has Ezdok zoom set.

I also have a wheel on my throttle set up as a zoom.

What I cant seem to do is to disable the mouse wheel zoom. I want just the throttle wheel zoom as I want to use the mouse wheel for something else.

I have EZdok SPAD and FSUIPC installed.  Native FSX has controllers disabled as I use FSUIPC exclusively to control my joystick, rudder pedals and throttle, and the throttle zoom is set up in FSUIPC.. 

Has anyone any ideas on how to remove the zoom control from my mouse?  

Hi John!

I am hopeful that I may have an idea about the solution to your problem, but we'll see.... :cool:

So let's begin by ascertaining whether I have understood you correctly.

You have mouse wheel zoom (of the current view, presumably) probably via EZCA/EZdok? (I have never used SPAD, so can't help with that). This mouse wheel zoom you wish to disable, and reassign.

You also have a zoom on your throttle which you enable via FSUIPC, and which I assume you could easily disable (but you don't wish to).

But it would be helpful to know what version of EZCA are you using? Is it v1.15, v1.17, v1.18.7, or something else? I ask mainly in view of the fact that v1.18.7 has solved some long-standing problems dating from v1.17 and earlier.

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Hi Brian.

Thanks for your time.  

Your summary of my problem is spot on.  as for the versions of my installed software they are as follows:

EZDock    v1.18.5 beta

FSUIPC    v4.9 (with paid licence)

I don't think SPAD has anything to do with my issue as it controls only the Saitek switch, autopilot and radio panels.

I hope you can help with this information.

Cheers,

JG

Hi John

I agree that SPAD isn't the culprit..sounds like an issue with both FSUIPC and EZDOK trying to use the same command. Maybe a bit like the strange and unpredictable happenings when controls are set up in both FSUIPC and in FSX. FSUIPC doesn't always 'play well with others' ;)

By process of elimination it could be better to completely delete the zoom view in EZDOK and FSUIPC, reboot and then re-program the saitek throttle slider in FSUIPC.

Although I don't have EZDOK, I did look into buying it a while back and vaguely remember something about zoom in EZDOK causing issues with some airbus aircraft where the mouse wheel is tasked with knob-turning. Using 2 controllers for one action is usually best avoided..

Good luck. Let us know how you get on

:D

Thanks Steph.  

I am not sure you can program a mouse in EZDok. I haven't deliberately done that anyway.  If someone knows if you can program a mouse in EZDok you could be on to something.

I guess the most irritating thing about this is that in aircraft that I need the mouse wheel to turn knobs, they turn but I zoom in or out at the same time!

Hi John,

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you — yesterday was a bit frantic (must be the time of year or summink...). Anyway, let's try the EZCA solutions first.

It sounds a little to me as though you have got the Z button depressed — the one that enables zoom using the mouse wheel. If you open the EZCA "Studio", could you confirm whether Z is on, and if so does turning it off fix the problem?

Failing that, there's also the dreaded ML (Mouse Look) button which can also mess things up, so it's worth trying that, too. Either or both of those would be the first things to check out, I reckon.

If not, you may have to try disabling the middle mouse button's use in EZCA. To quote the manual: "Some 3rd party addons use middle mouse button. To avoid conflicts with these addons, disable the use of middle mouse button in EZCA. You can use a joystick button or keyboard shortcut instead."

You do this from Options | Define keys (i.e. the keyboard assignment window), then look at "Emulate MM button" Again from the manual: "Emulate MM button – emulates the middle mouse button with either a joystick button or a keyboard key to switch on and off Mouse look. It has two modes: H - hold and T - toggle. Hold means that Mouse Look is enabled as long as you hold the key or joystick button. Toggle means that you briefly press the button to either enable or disable Mouse Look."

Hopefully, one of those will work. If not, then we're going to have to go down the road of examining all the assignments in FSX and elsewhere, unfortunately.     :mellow:

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

Brian.

Thanks for the above.  By looking at EZdok I have made some progress.

1. I have no mouse look modes assigned to any of my views.
  2. I had a joystick button assigned toggle mouse look - I have removed this but it makes no difference.
  3. I think it is an EZDok issue as when I global disable EZDok the issue goes away.

I don't want to do away with EZDok but I cant see how to just disable the zoom function.

J.

Edit: It is solved! So simple - I had the Zoom button set in my views!!!!!!  The other zoom was FSUIPC controlled and so I was thinking that they were BOTH controlled by the same (FSUIPC) process.

Now I feel like a proper twat!