There is a time for thinking, talking, debating and mulling things over. That time is almost at an end.

So how goes the work? We tickled the surface of the water running under the bridge in the first installment of ‘how’s it all going’ and duly promised continuity of information, to keep the pot boiling and the fires suitably stoked.

Alluding to the need to not only freshen the paintwork on the old FSX wagon, but to completely re-build the assembly line, and effectively bring a new vehicle to the lot. This product is not being designed for the second hand market. And when you look under the hood? You do not want to see a lawn mower engine, coughing and spluttering from within the sparkling new paint job displayed on the outside. Now do you?

Setting the scene in mid-December sent out a message of intent, although it is no surprise that the holiday period will have focused on much other than the NGFS project. But it has not been a totally windless sail that has been unfurling.

With the new year now being upon us, the real work begins – much preparation has taken place, and the team is coming together in a cohesive and well directed way. All those signed up now know their responsibilities and each has the ability to ‘time-line’ their input at a level that is appropriate to their task – to ensure that it is achievable within the scope of their availability to complete that task.

Strategically since Microsoft let loose its’ SDK, (amen to that one!), there has been greater leverage for the community to benefit from the materialization of independent development. Many have gone on to produce excellent quality freeware, with all of the benefits going to the end user, and the value of having contributed being enjoyed by the hobbyist creator. Others have taken the for profit route, and made good progress in creating excellent quality add-ons, perfect for the growing number of low end users, who have garnered sufficient interest to take the next leap forward. We have become a discerning customer, not satisfied with the gamers approach to ‘inaccurately portrayed simulation.’

Ever wishing to move on to the next level, and looking to see the flight deck come to life. With all the bells, whistles, gauges, buttons, switches and systems burping and belching their dissatisfaction, if the flow charts and checklists are not followed right to the last letter.

Our hobby has always relied upon the freedom of the developer to take a more profound course, and it has only been the limitation of the platform that has stymied just how far this process can go. Give them wings? And the developers will fly outside the limits of the 32-bit world, and there is little that cannot be achieved as a result of a more dynamic arena, and the ability of graphics card to produce stunning results, based upon the ever evolving complexity of the home based computer system.

From the beginning, it has been the intention of NGIS to ensure that the boundaries of the available technologies are stretched to a point where everything works, and the need for tweaks and twiddles becomes literally obsolete.

With the expertise of those who have the faith and ability to join up and work with us, this is now more than a wish and a dream, although we can still dream about the possibilities.

All those who have come to the feast will in the long run be repaid for their efforts, their expertise and relevant to their competencies. Whilst we have alluded to the freedom of the freeware world, and the profits to be made by those for whom it has become a business, we should not ignore that this will be a time driven product.

As this update is much more about words rather than deeds, you might be interested to know that within a short period of time, we will have a very significant announcement to make, regarding the future of our enterprise. We will also begin to reveal who is working with the team, and give you all a flavour of who they are, what their motivation is, and what skill-sets they have brought to us so far.

You will get to know them over time, and hopefully they will be like the always welcome guest at your dinner table. Feed them, and they will feed you right back. We will endeavor to become as well known to you as we can, and to keep you informed about the progression and indeed the set-backs, (they will happen), as we march along into the gathering virtual sunset, (sun spots and all), whilst always looking forward to those first departures and approaches, in the newly formatted world of NGFS.

Stephen Borick,
President NGiS

http://nexgenflightsim.com

Hi NGiS, welcome to Mutley's!

Thanks for the update, having taken a good look at your website I am very impressed with what is possible and what is planned, I  am looking forward to future updates.

Regards

Joe :hat:

• Like 1

Looking forward to all the improvements that are continuing on what can only be described as the holy grail of simulators if all goes well during development and release. :thum: I can only hope that the finished product is as good as your prose. :D:)

I really like what I see on your site so far, well done. :cool:   

welcome to Mutley's Stephen,

city engine integraton whould be fantastic;

though i see allot of drawbacks implementing city engine in our spesific indutry;

but i admire your vision and passion; i wish you the best of luck with your project,

Thanks folks, we hope to have more in-depth news soon. Everybody at NGiS is really excited and behind the scenes there's a LOT of preoperative work being done every day. :D

I am one of the people responding here to your messages, we'll have a few of us visit here regularly on behalf of the NGiS team.

Cheers for now,

Francois

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Consultant - NGiS Leadership Team

• Like 1

Hello all at Mutley's!

Thank you for your comments and good wishes. As Francois mentioned above, several of us will hop in here on a regular basis to talk with you folks and answer any questions that we can. We will post updates here every chance we get as well. You can also head over to our website and get a feel for the excitement there. NGiS is made up of flight simulation enthusiasts just like you, and we know that the success of the Next Generation Flight Simulator will be because of you folks in the community. I would like to thank Joe for allowing us to use some space here at Mutley's to update you all, and invite you to ask questions and make comments in accordance with the forum rules here. Also please keep in mind that there will be some questions we simply cannot answer for various reasons; this is not to keep you in the dark, but as a result of legalities and proprietary information...all the boring stuff about building a flight simulator.

We look forward to the conversations. 

Michael A Chapman

Senior Vice President - NGiS

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting post, and an exciting project.

I checked out the website and was blown away by the list of features that are being planned. I will try my hardest to manage my expectations, but I sincerely hope that you can bring this one to life.

Ps. Hopefully it comes under 'realism' but would make a nice change to have some more regional voices for ATC as well ;)