If you've been on our website "Home Page" you may have noticed a few changes with the most noticeable being no indication of UNIGINE. 

Shocker... I know, but things happen and the writing on the wall appeared sometime late November and concluded last week with both NGiS and UNIGINE going their separate ways. (NDA prevents me from going into details... so... please don't ask and don't speculate.)

However... not to worry... as stated, we could see the beginnings of the end back in November and in preparation for the inevitable conclusion, NGiS has not been standing on the sideline waiting for the walls to tumble down and as a result we've made some very remarkable new friends. Five to be exact!

As it is with nearly all business arrangements, I can't give you the names of these companies until the ink is dry on the pages, but I can tell you that all 5 of these companies are part of the professional flight/ground training simulation community and are well known in that community across the globe. Everyone of the 5 were at i/ITSEC 2015. (If you're not familiar with i/ITSEC, click HERE for all kinds of info).

4 out of 5 of these companies can provide us with the very tools that will be needed for the creation of the Next Generation Flight Simulator to include a round earth model where you'll be able to fly continuously around the globe, with no loss of precision. The 5th company can provide us with over 13,000 pages of data to include a continuous growing supply of ready made content, such as terrain, vectors, airports, cities, towns, roads, walls, fences, bridges, power-lines, vegetation, vehicles (ground and flight), etc. etc.

All of this puts NGiS in a position of strength and stability which will be used to ensure the development of a next generation flight simulator for years to come. For the flight simulation community it means an accelerated timeline for development and release with features you'd expect to find in a Next Generation Flight Simulator.

So... with time comes changes... and when done right and proactively... with changes comes stability.

NGiS is taking a Giant Leap Forward.

Stay Tuned... And Spread The Word

Stephen Borick
Director / President
Next Generation iNTERACTiVE Software
  • Like 1