Sorry for the absence.

Well my PC decided to die not so long ago.

The graphics card went pop, and so did the PSU.

So my dad took it to a friend of his, and he fixed it and returned it.

However we just got a very basic graphics card, the 7100 gs, which is okay for general PC useage but is a no go for games.

I had an interview for a job, however i have not been told yet weather i have the job or not.

If i do get the job i will save up and get a new 9 series card and a new camera, dSLR one.

However college is started again, so my lack of showing up is because of that.

Oh, and i have a plan of action for my future!

I am going to apply to CTC cadet scheme, and university.

As well as this i will apply for an RAF graduate scheme to essentially sponser you partly through university.

In the RAF i would primarily want to be a pilot however if this isnt available i may apply as something to do with aircrew.

Anyway enough from me!

Cheers!

Hi Chris, welcome back!

Sorry to hear about the PC, there's a lot of it about, mine is hanging on by the skin of its teeth!

It's good to hear that you have some options, keep in mind the extra qualifications would help with a flying career :rockon:

Cheers.

Yes, i think keeping options open is the key in the world, right Mut!

And i know, it seemed odd about the graphics and PSU failing, but i was told that it was something to do with the graphics card causing a surge and taking out the PSU.

Seems even strange to me, but thats what i was told by the dude who was fixing it.

Nevermind.

Its working now which is the key!

Apologies for my reduced activity on here too - been buried under with coursework since getting back to school :ap: Keeping a good eye on things and although I can't always contribute as much as I would like to, I haven't forgotten you! :rockon:

Dave

i was told that it was something to do with the graphics card causing a surge and taking out the PSU.

I would be very dubious about that claim. PSU's are protected against overload.

They usually have short circuit protection, over power protection, over current protection, over temperature protection, over voltage protection and under voltage protection.