F1 GTN750 - Use an A2A plane with it installed - when I end flight FSX becomes unresponsive and has to close

So as it says in the title really - I installed F1 GTN750 into the A2A Comanche and all is fine during flight etc. but when I come to click 'End flight' from the menu, rather than taking me back to the flight page (initial page of FSX), the screen goes black and a message appears saying searching for solution and thn becomes unresponsive and restarts FSX.

I am wondering if anyone has had this?

Cheers,

Jim

Don't know much about the addon other than what I have seen and read. The first thing I would ask is if you installed it as Administrator, check if any it's .ddl's were quarantined during installation by your anti-virus software, check the site for any latest versions and the Facts/Troubleshooting page for any tips. Hope you get it fixed up. :)

I managed to get this sorted - I run the F1 update tool and it sorted it. I was under the impression that I only bought it the other day and should be up to date. Either way that tool fixed it.

@Jim

Glad you got it sorted!     :)

@Dean

I always add all my FSX directories (on all drives) to the AVG list of exclusions, so they don't get scanned.

I like to think it doesn't do any harm to performance, either (bear in mind that FSX scans a *lot* of files as you go along, not to mention at startup...).     ;)

Just a thought....

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

• Like 1

nearly bought this one a while ago Jim, is it worth it & is it hard to install? I am guessing it wont work with a lot of things though.... I will stroll on over to F1 and take a look....

@wain

It's a big step up from the in-built avionics, that's for sure. The ease of installation depends on whether your aircraft's config tool allows you to install it onto the panel automatically. (But if not, there are lots of suggestions around the 'net from people who have found a work-around). The workings heavily utilise Garmin's own PC trainer, so to see what the Flight1 product is like (but not in an aircraft), you can simply download and install the Trainer from the Garmin site here. (You have to have it installed for the Flight1 product to work anyway — but *beware*, the Flight1 product requires a specific version which at present is not the one currently available for download, so if you buy the Flight1 product you'll have to uninstall the latest and use their approved version — unless they've upgraded it by them, of course).   :)

Also, if you search YouTube you'll find plenty of videos which feature the Flight1 GTN 750....

Cheers,

bruce

a.k.a. brian747

On 14/04/2016 at 21:25, wain said:

nearly bought this one a while ago Jim, is it worth it & is it hard to install? I am guessing it wont work with a lot of things though.... I will stroll on over to F1 and take a look....

Sorry I missed this post - its easy to install into the A2A aircraft but not sure about the rest as I only use it in A2A.

A lot of the supported aircraft come with their own configuration programmes so I can't see it being rocket science. 

I like it but there are a few things I didn't realise until after I bought it - you cannot upgrade the nav data as it uses garmins own files I think. Also the weather radar is not functional. The terrain and flight planning functionality is good though.