http://slowtv.playtvak.cz/planespotting-0pr-/planespotting.aspx?c=A150624_164934_planespotting_cat

At the moment the Antonov is at Prague if you want a look. My dodgy Czech translation is that the plane is being loaded with turbines and leaving for Australia tomorrow morning at 06.00..sounds like I will be monitoring the Flightradar tomorrow.

I am no plane spotter - but a while back now I was in my living room at home and thought to myself 'that doesn't sound like a normal plane' - so I went out into my back garden and saw this huge aircraft departing away from East Midlands airport :)

It was great to see and very impressive even for a non-spotter like myself. I now use it as bragging rights to my friends to say I have seen it in the real world and not just pictures.

So keep an eye out guys n' gals - it's a wonderful piece of technology!

• Like 1

And it's coming my way.....though Australia is such a big place. I wonder what its exact destination is.

Edit. Just discovered it's heading to Perth (over in the west).....the opposite side of the country to me. Oh well, maybe next time.

7 minutes ago, Andrew Godden said:

Just discovered it's heading to Perth (over in the west).....the opposite side of the country to me. Oh well, maybe next time.

The SIZE of the thing! You'll probably still see it :huh:

I am rather excited because I have been watching the cameras on and off for ages to catch this thing, I wanted to see it's airport procedures - I guess it makes me an aviation version of a birdwatching twitcher. On Monday and Tuesday Prague had it's longest runway non-operational and ground staff spent time across both days checking it out yard by yard. I thought maybe a plane had reported a problem, it turns out that Prague simply doesn't want to feature in an Air Crash Investigation Special.

*expect pictures and more unnecessary excitement from me as events unfold*

Imagine my surprise at the offer made for me to pilot to Turkmenistan on the first leg of our journey. Here we are over Ukraine following our 06.00 takeoff

Antonov.08.png

• Like 1

Wow, if you can talk your way into the left seat of that bird, you would be quite useful on the ATWC, where hitching free/cheap aircraft rides (or charging whatever you can get to the Mutley's CC... :whis: ) is very valuable skill set.