EGNX - EGBB in the A2A Texan

5:50 to get to the start - I changed weather part way through as I was testing the config and sorting out my external cameras too.

Got my sim looking good atm really happy how this looked. Don't forget to click into YouTube and put quality up to 720p.

Thanks for viewing :)

Very nice.

I was back-seat flying the whole time. I like that you show the gauges well enough to permit that. :)

Shortly after take off I was thinking "I'd probably back off on the MP about now" just a second before you did it.

Also loved that you read "Close canopy above 3000 feet" on the check list and then opened up the canopy. I thought "No, don't want to listen to that noise...!!!" ..then you closed it again right away. hahaha.

You take back seat direction well sir!  :) /salute.

You sim looks like it is running very well.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, Captain Coffee said:

Very nice.

I was back-seat flying the whole time. I like that you show the gauges well enough to permit that. :)

Shortly after take off I was thinking "I'd probably back off on the MP about now" just a second before you did it.

Also loved that you read "Close canopy above 3000 feet" on the check list and then opened up the canopy. I thought "No, don't want to listen to that noise...!!!" ..then you closed it again right away. hahaha.

You take back seat direction well sir!  :) /salute.

You sim looks like it is running very well.

Cheers.

Lol thanks - to be honest I wasn't even flying the plane to the book because I just wanted to test the config tweaks and other stuff - it seemed like a good idea to jump in the texan (it's been a while). Yeah I thought I'd open canopy but the noise was too much hehe.

On 11/06/2016 at 19:21, brett said:

Enjoyed the ride along Jim, :thum: although you gave me a bit of a scare on landing.:D Keep those feet moving once down, A2A modeled ground looping to a "T".

Telling me I haven't had much practice in landing this plane at akl it's well difficult

10 hours ago, brett said:

I think it's difficult no matter where you land it, having just a twist grip makes in annoyingly so. Grrrr

I was actually thinking the same thing in the shower this morning (no comments please) - I am thinking of streaming using the T6 tonight and was thinking about what I am going to say when I ditch this plane on the grass next to the runway :) or spin it on the runway ending up facing the wrong way or something lolol. 

I think if I had pedals it would be better - and also if you could completely disable the whole tail wheel function would help too, so it doesn't unlock etc. 

Either way it's all good fun to fly and attempt to land in a manner, great stuff.

Thanks

Surprised you don't have pedals already Jim...you seem to be "Mostly In" when it comes to FS addons and stuff.

When I got my first pedals it was transformative...to: Immersion, Skills, Confidence at short strips...just being able to stomp on the brakes instead of doing the Keyboard Reach Over to hit the "." key keeps you In the Cockpit for the entire landing to ramp process. Toe brakes are Awesome when you use your toes...not so much with fingertips. :)

Put pedals on your birthday/xmas list sir...they are so awesome I am considering stepping up into those handmade 300 dollar thingys from Croatia.

I think I will have to get some but every time I go to I end up backing out as I would rather spend the money on my son - it's a guilt thing lol. 

But yeah Christmas and birthday would be good.  What are your recommendations for a budget but not a heap of shite?

We got links to the recommendations boys?? ;) I would rather have a set that other people seem to have and get on with, than shoot in the dark. 

I will have a look for that post mate, thanks

I have had CH and now Saitek pedals...can't personally recommend either as both broke.

The current Saitek has a busted left brake potentiometer. I'm using keyboard brakes at the moment till I can get a new pedal unit, probably for my birthday I'll be kicking down for one of these:

http://mfg.simundza.com/products

The CH pedals broke a gizmo inside that centered the pedals...and was a nightmare to open up to repair...and I tossed the works overboard with a hearty Fbomb salute.

Hey Jim, here is the rather short thread where Loic mention an inexpensive pair of peddles. http://forum.mutleyshangar.com/index.php?/topic/20257-new-rudder-pedals-from-thrustmaster/#comment-155027

You can do a search on this site by using the keyword "rudder pedals". From what I have gleaned over the past few years is to go with the CH yoke and Saitek peddles. And everyone and his mother will argue that point depending on if theirs broke or didn't work well or they had trouble with it. In the argument is no information about how they treated them or kept them clean. Add into this that there are different models for each product and it gets even tougher to decide.

Now those Crosswind pedals are the bomb right now and they are a beautiful piece of work, fully adjustable and very well made but they are going to cost you a pretty penny. Not sure of their overall performance over time but the folks that bought them are over the moon with their praise.

If you have a lower budget I would check the tech sites and see what they have to say too, just try to find the ones that aren't paying lip service to the companies.

Yeah bit pricey for me atm but they look great quality. 

I will have to have a look around and see what people are saying. 

My lad would love to break my new pedals if I got a set hehe ;)

• Like 1