Autogen Supplements for Photoreal Scenery Available

I'm putting together some Autogen supplements for photorealistic scenery -- e.g., sets of Autogen annotations for MegaSceneryEarth or JustFlight VFR Photoreal.  I've put together some beta packages of Autogen-addons at http://www.freshscenery.com for areas like Washington, Oregon, New Jersey, California, and some places in the UK.  I'd love to get your feedback or suggestions, thanks!

Mike

Hi Mike and welcome to the forums here at Mutley's Hanger.:hat:

Looks great from the pic's on your site, I don't use photoscenery myself but I'm sure there are plenty of members that would be interested in what your doing. Thanks for the heads up.:)

I notice you are in a beautiful area of the country, living right near Lake Sammamish must be nice. One of my favorite FTX airports is on Vashon Island not to far from you.:pilotic:

• Like 1

@brett  Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, definitely as I look at scenery I realize I'm definitely blessed living in the Pacific Northwest, with all of the nearby islands, hills, and mountains to explore :)

@Philmurfin It should work if you take the "texture" folder from the four England downloads, combine them into one folder, and locate it in your MegaSceneryEarth folder.. but I'll also take a crack at putting together a combined install (and fixing a bug with the England/Wales scenery: namely, trees showing up in farm fields.).. hopefully by this weekend.

Anyone else: happy to take any requests for Autogen areas you'd be interested in.. it's a cheap excuse for me to explore the rest of the (virtual) world. :)

Hi Mike,

This all sounds very good news, I hope it all works well, I'll probably wait for the weekend if you are producing an installer for England/Wales.

I live in The Peak District National Park - Derbyshire, anything around that area would be excellent. ie Derwent Dams, Chatsworth House.

Thanks very much!

Phil

Welcome to the hangar Mike And Phil! Kudos to Mike for making this available as freeware.

I gave up on photoreal due to lack of autogen and switched to ORBx quite some time ago...probably too late to go back now due to my investment in ORBx at this point...and i'm very happy with it mostly.

You are doing a great service for those who are using Photo scenery by "un-flattening" their Sim World.

Cheers!

(editted to correct attributions and kudos and welcomes....d'oh)

Edited by Captain Coffee
d'oh
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Captain Coffee said:

Welcome to the hangar Phil. Kudos to you for making this available as freeware.

I gave up on photoreal due to lack of autogen and switched to ORBx quite some time ago...probably too late to go back now due to my investment in ORBx at this point...and i'm very happy with it mostly.

You are doing a great service for those who are using Photo scenery by "un-flattening" their Sim World.

Cheers!

It's not my work, it's all Mikes work, nothing to do with me at all.

Mike does deserve praise for doing an excellent job though!

:faint:

49 minutes ago, brett said:

Correct it again Matt, Phil has been here almost as long as I have.:P 

:faint::faint:

I saw 19 posts and d'oh'd it again.

Apologies Phil. Fortunately a Miss-Welcome isn't as "D'oh'py"  as a Mis-Attribution

Cheers.

4 hours ago, Philmurfin said:

Particularly when he's flying!

When you are well sauced up...your "perceptions" are easily tossed around by visual ques...Inebriation provides Motion Sensing to the Simulator especially in conjunction with TrackIr-Dizzy.

First timers trying the technique are advised to have Flight Bags handy, and adjust the motion sensing slowly via metered shots.

Cheers.