We are open for business! Section one open.

Welcome to Mutley's Around The World Challenge II

atwc2.jpg

Here is the first section of 10 flights now available to bid on.

ScreenShot001.png

Please look at the rules above before sending in your bid(s) to atwc{at}mutleyshangar.com

As this is the first section of a new challenge, flights will be awarded from 18:30 BST Monday 13th October 2008 please do not mail before then as the bid will be invalid.

Cheers,

Mut

Very nice, my bids are in. When will the first flight take place?

Thanks CAA330 I got your mail, but if you read the rules we don't accept bids until 18:30 BST Monday evening. The reason for this is we have members around the globe. For example in Aus it is the middle of the night so they will not have seen this yet.

If possible can you mail after 18.30 BST Monday?

I will be awarding the first flights from 21.00 BST Monday 13th Oct.

Thanks for your understanding :yes:

Cheers

Thanks Rob16584 I got your mail, but if you read the rules we don't accept bids until 18:30 BST Monday evening. The reason for this is we have members around the globe. For example in Aus it is the middle of the night so they will not have seen this yet.

If possible can you mail after 18.30 BST Monday?

I will be awarding the first flights from 21.00 BST Monday 13th Oct.

Thanks for your understanding :yes:

Cheers

Mutley, either I am on the slow end of the scale or I am sort and understanding this just flew over my head. :doh

Allow me to clarify for myself (please correct me if I am off base here) in the list of 10 flights, is each one of those considered a leg or are there legs to be flown within each of those flights? :)

I just want to be sure, as you know I am not a heavy so I do not want to bid for a leg that is out of range for my choice of AC (e.g. the King, the old Dac or Cheyenne). :bowdown:

I want to bid but need to get this straight before I jump in the seat. :cool:

thanks for understanding and helping me out here.

Hi Wayne,

No problem.

I am releasing the flights in batches of 10

In bidding for a leg you have to transport the baton from the destination to the arrival, that is that leg completed.

You may take a liking to a particular destination or take the flight because it is short and suits your preferences.

It is acceptable to fly a leg in stages to get the baton to its destination, therefore using a smaller aircraft. Have a look at the old challenge and you will see what people make of their legs.

We prefer a bit of a background story, maps, or info about the destination or aircraft you are flying, you may like to edit your shots or not at all it's entirely down to you.

I am more than happy to take more questions, so far we have 5 legs filled, everyone is bidding for the same legs so its first come first serve and in order of preference. the more flights you bid for the more likely you are to get a flight. For example you can bid for all 10 flights in order of preference but say you only want to fly one leg.

Don't forget this is only the first section there will be 4 more after this one.

Cheers

I have awarded the first flight I have replied to mails, so far it is one flight awarded per bid in order of receipt and preference.

I will be posting the departure board with the 6 taken legs so far.

Still available are legs 5 7 8 9 please mail atwc {at} mutleyshangar.com if you are interested.

Cheers

Mut

Thanks for the replys guys. :thum:

Now I just need to go chrunch the numbers, to see which flight suits me. I am a bit nervous after tonight, had a frustrating incedent.

Got the KingAir out for a 300nm flight, went through the startup all fine did all checks, all fine, taxi, all fine, sitting on the threshhold of the runway waiting for take off clearance, going through pre-take off checks and I lose all electronics and instraments, checked all switches, everything was where it was supposed to be, but still lost all radio and NAV. :) Abort flight, try another night. I really need to get to grips with this AC. :doh

:cool: :wacky: :wacky: :wacky:

Still looking for the answer.

Anyway, let me get planning for ATWC :bowdown: