DESTINATION: Sitka

The first Mutley Field destination airport is Sitka, and primarily Sitka Rocky Gutierrez (PASI) airport.

This airport is surrounded by water and mountains and at dusk/dawn makes for some awesome scenery and screenshots if the weather is set correctly. Don't believe me? Then try the mission included in FSX, just watch out for the cruise ship on short final!

The airport has 2 runways 11/29 which are 6,485ft in length and rwy11 comes equipped with an ILS, so you jet jockeys can also have some fun here. Not only can you use PASI, you could also opt to get your feet wet by flying into the sea plane base (A29) right next door to PASI. The are lots of small airstrips in the region so you can take your pick with the short flights. The DeHavilland Beaver should prove to be the ideal aircraft for this region.

Please post your screenshots in this thread, the winning screenshot will be decided by the mods, the winner will select the next destination airport. I will give around 1 weeks notice before this destination airport is closed for screenshots.

DEST3.jpg

DEST2.jpg

DEST1.jpg

I have been quite busy lately and have little free time. I decided to do a really quick flight from Juneau to Sitka in the beaver and here is a shot en-route. Its a very simple edit but don't include it as an entry for the next location.

beaver.jpg

Fantastic scenery and great flying around Sitka. Come on guys put that airliner down and do some proper flying :roll:

steve

Thanks. Will try get some more flying done soon. Just made a mess of my Horizon VFR uk installation :roll: Tried installing just the 2.4m and hated it so tried to add the 1.2m to it and it cant locate the disk :doh Its in the same place you just installed the 2.4m from ya great clot of a PC. Anyhoo is looking like remove and start over.

steve

Hey guys, got a chance to fly this evening so I thought I'd have a go at Sitka!

I don't have any decent props that suited the theme...so we have a circuit in an Air Canada CRJ.

One of my rare posts without commentary... I'll let the pictures describe all.

J1.jpg

J3.jpg

J4.jpg

J5.jpg

J7.jpg

J9.jpg

J10.jpg

J11.jpg

J14.jpg

J12.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• 2 weeks later...

I thought we would have had more pictures in by now.

Hopefully we can have a new destinaation by Xmas, but we need more and more pictures so that we can judge for the best one!!!

Any pictures can be posted in and around the Sitka area