P3DV4 Download problem

Have been thinking about trying out the above, now that Ver4 is available. But, I have a big problem. As I live in a fairly isolated part of the country, and 13 Km, from town, I only have access to wireless broadband. I am limited to only 8GB download p/m, and the speed is pathetic. As the new version is something like 12GB, its obviously out of reach. The only solution I can think of is, my daughter lives in town, has good speeds and download capacity. Would it be possible for me to use her computer, to download the product onto a USB thumb drive, and then put it onto my computer, without causing any issues.

Cheers,

Neil

• Like 1

Hi Neil,

Absolutely, that would be the answer, nothing is verified until you run the installer and try to start the sim which of course you will do on your own machine. 

Have fun.

Cheers,

Joe

• Like 3

Just a quick note on the above subject. Just to be sure, I asked the same question on the P3D forum. The answer i got was a direction to read the EULA. It states that I cannot download on one computer or device and use it on another one. That's what I determined at least, from all the legal jargon contained within it.

Oh well, looks like I will just have to carry on with FSX then.:(

Neil

Hi Neil,

I didn't find that response from them very useful, a simple yes or no would have been better.

I've just read the EULA and could not see any reference to downloaded on to a device (such as a USB) and using that as an installation device on another. Section 1 states for use for only one computer and that's all you would be doing, I can't think you are the only person who has had this problem. 

I respect your decision, but I really don't think anyone is going to hunt you down.

Joe

• Like 3

What Joe said, just download it elsewhere and install on your machine.  The time and effort involved for them to actually check this sort of stuff is negligible  and not worth it for them.  Again P3D won't contact the LM servers until you run the installer which would be your machine; at which point it logs which PC it has been installed on.  What they don't want people doing (and is blocked by the EULA) is you downloading it and installing it on your machine, then giving the installer to someone else to install on their machine too.  Downloading onto a USB and installing on 1 PC is not in-breach of the EULA.  Trust me you won't be the only person doing this.

It's also worth noting that the day LM actually enforce the EULA is the day they all but kill P3D; considering all those 'academic' users out there.... so they've kind of backed themselves into a corner of not actually caring to much about what people do with P3D

Edited by The red barron
  • Like 2

I saw this advice being given out on other forums, until you actually.exe it's not installed so its's not a problem......and it will be registered to you on your machine....

Thanks guys, as I said in my reply to their very succinct answer to my question, I am no lawyer. From all your replies, I will go ahead anyway, and just do it.

Many thanks, 

Regards,

Neil

Good choice :thumbup:,

It's no different to buying their software from a shop on DVD and installing it.

You are just going to love flight sim with  no limits.

Have fun.

Joe