SAVE MAP IMAGE

I am looking to save the map of the route I have made, I know how to print it but would like to save it, I have an aircraft in XP11 that lets me save pdf's and click a spot in the aircraft to bring them on screen, also would like to open the map in a window on a small monitir or on the taskbar so I can see my route with a map.....don't really want a moving map as XP has it,s own but the PLan-G map shows more detail...also would like to put it in posts on forum...thanks for your help...I hope...

• Like 1

I use the in OS snipping tool in win7(In App folder) and also put it in my tray for ease of accessibility. Save it anywhere you wish and then use that to link it in your aircraft.

• Like 1

Alt-PrtScn is your friend. It captures the active window to the clip board which you can then paste into your favourite image editing tool! It's how I do the maps for my unofficial NZAR thread. Create the flight plan in Plan-G, click the button to zoom the view to just the flight plan. Alt-PrtScn, and then Paste into paint.net so I can crop and save it (I'm very particular and zoom right in so that my crop is EXACT).

• Like 1

duh this won't work for your click spots (without further steps like emailing it to your PC)..but sometimes I just take a lazy snapshot of the computer screen with my phone, if I just need a reference for a single flight. :)

I can zoom in on the phone image, shove it around, and not interfere with the FS computer during the flight bringing up viewer programs and such. (and im very careful to zoom right up to the best crop possible Oz. :P )

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

Don't forget, if the map/plan doesn't fit on the screen at the scale you want, you can scroll it around and take multiple screen grabs. Because the maps are all tiled, you can stitch them together in Photoshop (or the image editor of your choice) and they should all fit together with no distortions.

• Like 2