Heading into the valley...

Innsbruck is well know for the challenges it brings to both real world and virtual pilots.

It has been a long time since I flew into LOWI so thought I would give it a go last weekend.

Rather than upload a lot of screenshots I thought I would stitch some together to present the flight as it unfolded.

36851919866_6b8f3ec8ae_b.jpg

Preparation for departure from T2 are well underway and soon we start to taxi to runway 23R.  It is a LISTO departure which requires a turn very shortly after takeoff but not below 750ft.

36869221112_509333e9a9_b.jpger]

Not much to see here....no really there isn't...the valley had low cloud and close terrain.....not usually a good combination.

After a short cruise we begin the approach manoeuvring the aircraft very carefully, keeping a eye on the charts to make sure we are on track and a watchful gaze on the terrain.

36205127894_ce50460a7d_b.jpg

As we descend through the cloud the airfield comes into view.  It is a slightly off-set approach so with a gentle push on the rudder we line up with the runway.  A nice short taxi and we squeeze in alongside other visitors from across Europe.

Hope you like the screenshots.

Edited by lionwing
  • Like 3