Coffee Cargo Liveries

I'm making a place to feature new paints for my fleet as I grind through my hanger.

So far...

A couple shots of a livery 'knocked out' for the new BAC One Eleven-500 in White Base with Green and Bean Stripes and the CC logo:

CCpaint4.jpg

CCPaint3.jpg

One for the old Aero Commander-500 in Mocha Base with Green and Black Stripe, and the CC logo.

CCPaint2.jpg

They are not speedy to produce...about one per day for me so far and that is by my basically "cheating" and converting existing paints by changing colors of and using existing stripes for templates so I don't have to try to line stuff up over several disconnected parts....man, there are LOTS of parts to these things. hehe. For example, the BAC livery began as a Hapag Lloyd livery in blue and orange. Everything blue became green, everything orange became Bean Stripe...logo and reg numbers erased and replaced....Bang...and it still took me 4 hours.

Cheers.

Capt. Coff.

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 1

New one fresh raster roasted out of the KCCR-Concord Paint Barn.

Cofc462.jpg

Cofc46.jpg

Taking Ros's advice I changed the bright white top this time to a light mocha foam color.

(This time it was a converted Everett's livery used as the paint template).

Edited by Captain Coffee
10 hours ago, J G said:

Great repaints Matt!

How about a cappuccino repaint? nice coffee fuselage with a creamy frothy roof!! 

Great Idea JG!

latte-Art3.jpg

Maybe with some Latte Art in the foam?

latte-Art4.jpg

Or something Mutley Themed...

latte-art2.jpg

Although, frankly, i'm not sure I have the time for that kind of detail:

latte-Art5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • 3 weeks later...

New Coffee Cargo livery for the A20C Havoc by Milton Shupe:

Leaving the Alameda Paint shop in a spanking new coat.

HavocCoffee2.jpg

Used this one for the thumbnail in FSX.
HavocCoffee1.jpg

This one was the funnest yet. I only used/retained the front portion of the Blue line from the russian aeroflot photo civvie version...as a guide for my white line/top bottom edits.

I am a moron regarding getting wording /graphics backwards on these things....so it took like 5 tries to get all the graphics oriented properly. :)

Cheers.

Coff

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
On 10/26/2017 at 00:59, wain said:

well done Matt some great shots there, I am just as impressed with the real coffee, I can never get that right...

Real 'Good' coffee is real simple, unless you allow gizmos and marketing hype to make it needlessly complicated.

1. Acquire "Quality" light or medium roast Whole Beans.

2. Boil water, remove from heat and set aside to allow to cool to 200 degrees or so.

3. Grind beans semi coarsely...More than you normally use. (can always add water if too strong..can't add coffee if too weak)...and place in a ***FRENCH PRESS***

4. Pour now cooled 200f water over beans...let sit for 4 minutes.

5. Press, and pour. Do not allow any to remain in press as it will continue to brew/overextract.

6. Yumm.

You don't have a french press???

That's mistake number 1.

You don't buy whole beans and own a decent quality conical burr grinder?

That's mistake #2

You buy French or Dark Roast?

That's mistake #3...and Blech!!!

Seriously...my recommendation as a total coffee nerd is to at the very least ween yourselves off of the Carbon/Charcoal "Dark Roast" Flavors. All the Big Coffee places have conditioned people to like that over roasted shite, which coininkydinkyly allows them to buy substandard shitty beans and roast the sub standard origin flavor shite out of them. Good Quality coffees taste wonderfully complex at light and medium roasts because the Origin Flavors are made of subtle oils that quickly roast out at hotter levels, replaced by charred bean fiber and deepening shades of Charcoal Briquet flavors aka burnt beans.

#RESIST-BAD-COFFEE.

Cheers,
Matt.

• Thanks 1

I just have loads of coffee, all types and all flavours, buy beans, grind and use one of my stove top or quickie one button press to go machines......need to try some different varities of beans though, any good recomendations to look out for over this side of the water?

Sorry wain...I'm a home roaster, I have no clue about 'brands' here or elsewhere.

But regarding branding.

I added the Mutley Brand to my BAC One Eleven Coffee paint, prepping for an Island hop this ATWC sector. (And I took the opportunity to fix the stretched out logos on the top of the stripe...they were way too tall thanks to the 3d wrapping effect.)

CoffMut-1.jpg

And I finished up the 'details' on the C337 (caught a few remaining white stripes, caught a few random white spots missed before, and gave all the side windows the white trim treatment.)

Cof337.jpg

Edited by Captain Coffee

Percolators are tools of the Devil...exorcise it from your house!!! :D

A large french press or a basic drip machine will outperform and make a better cup of Joe than a percolator every day.

Just imagine heating/cooling/heating/cooling/heating your coffee about 100 times in a row before drinking it and you may get the idea why I hate them. That is what a perc does to your coffee while 'brewing' it. ;)

Cheers.

Cpt. Coffee Nut.

have to agree regarding percolator, can't stand the taste they make, have french press and recently descovered the drip method.....

Ros is correct the 1-11 does look really good......

• Like 1