Bob York MEBAR 2018

JohnY

I doubt it, but who knows?  My family originates in the Fens of Cambridgeshire/ Northamptonshire.  I was born in Peterborough in 1950.

Emigrated to Australia in 1954 with my parents.  Being only 4 I don't remember many of my relations from the UK.

Bob York

Hi Bob

Many years back....perhaps 200 years or so, my family came south from Northamptonshire to London so there could be a connection somewhere.   My great, great, great (or thereabouts) Grandfather was Sir David Garrick who built the Crystal Palace.

From there it was all downhill and my nearest past relatives and me all lived in East London.

All the best.

John

Its a small world. We even have one member of the clan living and working in Japan.  I do know that some on my mothers side emigrated to Canada, just before WWII.

cheers

Bob

My Cousin Pauline emigrated to Canada immediately after WW2 to marry her Canadian soldier fiancé.  They had a very happy life together in Ottawa and later in Penticton, British Columbia.

Its just occurred to me that its such a bind trying to follow female family lines because once married the original names get lost.  You never know.  You could find yourself marrying a member of your own family!

Just noticed you're a  Navy fella.  I was Army and served in Malaya during the insurrection in the early 50's.

John

• Like 1
5 hours ago, JohnY said:

ust noticed you're a  Navy fella.  I was Army and served in Malaya during the insurrection in the early 50's.

Thanks for your service guys, our veterans are never given recognition they deserve.

• Like 1

Joe, I spent three years at HMS Mercury in the Special Communications Unit studying Russian.

Remember my regular trips to Southampton vividly.

Thanks for your kind thoughts.

Bob