EZDOK upgrade

Today I was on fligh1 looking for a code. I found out a long time ago I bought EZDOK but didn't remember I had. Anyway there is a 12 dollar upgrade to v2.. Anyone recommend it?.. I think I gave up with it before but things have changed since like 64bit and a hardware upgrade.. 

For me, EzDok lost out to Chase Plane although v2 was much better than the older version. However, at the moment I am using neither as in my GA cockpits everything is to hand. I have found myself recently using fewer of these type of addons which can only have a negative affect on performance. I took some time to remap my keyboard arrow keys and page up/down keys to give me the 6 axes of movement, also the external camera positions and actions can be edited too.

It's all personal preference, if you used it before and liked it, then 12 Dollars wont break the bank!

Joe

• Like 2

I have to agree with Joe.  I had some compatibility issues with EzDok v1 and abandoned it a long time ago. I rely on the cameras that come with the aircraft and use CameraPosition X when I want a new one.  It adds a new camera position or edits existing ones without having to run alongside the FS.  And it is only £6.99 from JF.

• Like 1

I had EZDOK an age ago, I was still a bit wet behind the ears back then and never really got the hang of it, does sound to me like there is not really a use for it now as there are more options...I do try and use the options within a particular sim if I can.....thanks for  your thoughts on this....

I vote for ChasePlane these days too - I was a user of EZDOK too back in the day of FSX - but ChasePlane for me now has a great user interface and some really superb features too. 

You can use it in a simple way by simply creating some camera's or you can go all out and create world cams, play with the camera shake features like engine blast etc. all sorts to do. 

The good thing as well is you can import camera's from other planes, save your camera's and import for future installs etc. so great for backup and importing. 

I have not used v2 of EZDOK so it is a bit unfair for me to pitch out ChasePlane like this, but to me, it's a great tool.

• Like 2

tried EZDOK V2, it was mega cheap, not liking it at all, will look into chaseplane however the big issue with EZ was the lack of instruction and it just seemed so complicated....been trying it all afternoon.....

15 hours ago, wain said:

tried EZDOK V2, it was mega cheap, not liking it at all, will look into chaseplane however the big issue with EZ was the lack of instruction and it just seemed so complicated....been trying it all afternoon.....

I am a bit of a ChasePlane fan boy these days - you will not have any issues in setting things up there, if you do, check out my first time use video...

It's a VERY old video, and uncut so is a bit lengthy, but I'm sure you can make use out of it. Or search for ChasePlane tutorial on Youtube ;) 

I think you will not be disappointed at all mate - worth every penny. 

• Thanks 1