Well that's different!

impressive stuff.....but my first thought was whats the point?   bit like reading the other day a review on a tow car and one thing was it's 0-60mph capability.....

6 hours ago, wain said:

impressive stuff.....but my first thought was whats the point?   bit like reading the other day a review on a tow car and one thing was it's 0-60mph capability.....

I agree that there is probably no real world tactical need or application for a Cargo Loop...however it sure as heck demonstrated the strength of the wing spar. :D

Edited by Captain Coffee
  • Like 2
21 hours ago, Captain Coffee said:

I agree that there is probably no real world tactical need or application for a Cargo Loop...however it sure as heck demonstrated the strength of the wing spar. :D

yeah I suppose you are correct there Matt, shows they are real workhorses that can take a right battering...my first ever flight was in the back of a RAF herky down to Gibraltar....always loved them they just seemed to do anything the pilot wanted...

• Like 1

I was at Farnborough on the Sunday and I cant remember seeing this.  It must have been on the Saturday.

It always makes me feel good when you see aircraft do such spectacular things, The A350 1000 did a great display this year, the aircraft doing things that may you think 'surely a passenger jet cant to that?'  Clearly it could, and was demonstrating the limits of its flight envelope.  As a passenger on such an aircraft I feel so much safer in the knowledge that the aircraft is so far inside its flight envelope as to be aerodynamically as safe as houses.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, J G said:

I was at Farnborough on the Sunday and I cant remember seeing this.  It must have been on the Saturday.

It always makes me feel good when you see aircraft do such spectacular things, The A350 1000 did a great display this year, the aircraft doing things that may you think 'surely a passenger jet cant to that?'  Clearly it could, and was demonstrating the limits of its flight envelope.  As a passenger on such an aircraft I feel so much safer in the knowledge that the aircraft is so far inside its flight envelope as to be aerodynamically as safe as houses.

I remember being at Farnborough whey brought the A380 along the flightline at around 90 knots! ( or so they said) The thing looked like it was just hanging there! Bloody impressive I can tell you!