Guess the Airport - Part deux!

Okay, the clue is...

"Some will immidiatly associate the name of this airport with a well known flight sim developer"

Only one shot, as only one is needed. All defualt FSX.

GuesstheAirport-Question-RAFHalton.jpg

And sorry for not getting it up sooner, i have a very god excuse...and my tell you it sometime.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now, dont get me wrong.. but that's not RAF Halton (as implied by the file name)....

it is, however, by a very special FS developer, one i admire massively....and own said persons complete series!

and for the record, thisis what RAF Halton looks like... i was only there a few weeks ago!

Could i guess at RAF Benson?

now, dont get me wrong.. but that's not RAF Halton (as implied by the file name)....

You are correct. Im not matching the filename to the airport name...

But nice to see im not the only one who tries that....

Could i guess at RAF Benson?

You can, but you would be wrong.

Okay, clues.

This airport is know by 2 names. Putting either into google will lead you to the same place.

Its in the UK.

The airport as represented in FSX has the right runway shaps, but the wrong airfield shape. It is more of a square, with the paved runway ends going form one corner to the other, the end of the grass runway forming one point, and the 4th corner being as if the grass runway extended down. (if you can imagine that)

Very popular with Gliders, which use the grass strip. GA uses the paved runway.

I *think* RAF Halton could be considered a clue - although until noone gets it i wont tell you how.

It is also the home of a Flying Club of a major airline.

Ok I think it is EGTB Wycombe Air Park :?:

I had to un-install several bit's of scenery to get it looking the way you did Fred.

I have already visited this one once without realising :yes:

Cheers

Bang on. Also know as Booker.

The RAF Halton Clue was going to be that i think this is the closest airport, as so if you took off form there you would be pretty likely to find this one.

And if your wondering who i ment with the developer clue...get out of your box.

Here's the latest airport, there's 10 bonus points for guessing the aircraft too!

gta1.jpg

Clue 1: This is a very famous airport known world wide even to people who don't fly.

I'll give Fred one day then I'll post more clues if required :!:

Good luck

Bang on. Also know as Booker.

The RAF Halton Clue was going to be that i think this is the closest airport, as so if you took off form there you would be pretty likely to find this one.

And if your wondering who i ment with the developer clue...get out of your box.

So who is the developer? I dont know of a developer called Booker! :mrhappy:

So who is the developer? I dont know of a developer called Booker! :mrhappy:

Dave Booker. Maybe not an indipendant developer as such but he has a lot of involvement with the David Maltby, Rick Piper and Dave Garwood models.

As for the shot ... Aircraft could be Dave Maltby's Comet 3B i suppose. But the airport will take a little work, i dont immidiately recognise it.

EDIT: Not the Comet. Landing gears wrong.

... Aircraft could be Dave Maltby's Comet 3B i suppose. But the airport will take a little work, i dont immidiately recognise it.

EDIT: Not the Comet. Landing gears wrong.

indeed, i too thought the Comet, but the gear's totally wrongs, as is the probe.

I also thought possibly a Vickers VC10, but im not 100% sure.

As for the airport, no idea!

Mut,

Going to take a wild guess at Heathrow EGLL, based only on the fact that it has an 09R and you said it was famous.

EDIT: angle of the shot is wrong for it to be LHR I think, because looking that direction on a 9* runway would show the terminal wouldn't it.

Dave :-)

Mut,

Going to take a wild guess at Heathrow EGLL, based only on the fact that it has an 09R and you said it was famous.

EDIT: angle of the shot is wrong for it to be LHR I think, because looking that direction on a 9* runway would show the terminal wouldn't it.

Dave :-)

Yes it probably would Dave.

This is default FS9 scenery although I do have GE PRO installed but it has no affect in this picture . :mrhappy:

Here's another shot with all the runway and more of the aircraft, which was an experimental variant, so a bit of a red herring with the probe :mrhappy:

gta2.jpg

Hope that helps.

:mrhappy: Well done Fred it is Templehof and there were plenty of facts and historical clues I had lined up :sadblinky:

It's not a CRJ but similar, I have just checked and this prototype was probably not used in real aviation although the model, livery and reg is spot on. The aircraft was registered after the name of the person in charge of the construction.

Feel free to keep guessing the a/c if you want. Fred are you going to take your punishment and post the next location?

Cheers

Sorry, taken a while to get these to you.

Anyway, this one should go soonish. Still havent got that Aircraft you put in your shots. Why not save it untill its your go again?

GuesstheAirport-Question-KMIA1.jpg

GuesstheAirport-Question-KMIA2.jpg

GuesstheAirport-Question-KMIA3.jpg

GuesstheAirport-Question-KMIA4.jpg

Still yet to really explore FSX in terms of screenshots...but im really happy with these. :mrhappy:

Hi Fred,

You have been busy tonight! Thanks for posting. I'm not going to search tonight for the airport but will do tomorrow.

When it is my go next I will use the same aircraft again. (You will kick yourself when you find out!)

Cheers

I could see a few clues there, but my guesses are probably wrong:

Is it Miami Opa Locka (OPF) or Miami Kendall-Tamiami Executive (TMB)?

I also ran the reg number too, but the matches seem unlikely when the other clue I found in the pictures was considered. The above are just wild guesses by the way, didn't have time to check the layouts.

Dave