I have an idea: Get Spooky! The idea would be to use any aircraft that fits into the following three categories: Night Fighters, Stealth, and Special Ops. However, the choice of aircraft can be quite broad, as long as its can operate at night, and is part of the shadowy special ops/surveillance/night fighter world. So, for example, you could have the MH-53 Pave Low, the SR-71, Predator UAV, the F-23 Black Widow, the Mosquito and Beaufighter Night Fighter variants, etc.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I,d like to suggest the following;

"3 is the magic number!" any aircraft but it must have 3 engines! There arent that many but they are out there.

"Grounded", Aircraft must have at least part of them in contact with the ground, ie wheels, skis, floats(in water)or crashed!

"experimentals and prototypes" any aircraft so long as its NOT a production version.

• 2 weeks later...

Airport shots? Like the ACs lining up to takeoff, or all the gates full... or unusual airports..?

How about the wierdest glitch you can find? (Random mountains, holes, etc.)

Another idea - Peek-a-boo!/Hide and Seek - hide an aircraft and we have to look for it!

• 7 months later...

How about Aircraft with Attitude? These would be aircraft that, while not the fastest, prettiest or most glamorous, have a certain something about them that makes you sit back and say; "Now that's got attitude." Think of them as the rock stars of the aviation world; no classical elegance, no soothing soul, just the attitude. Of course, the shot would need to have attitude as well!

The song "Born to be Wild" captures some of the feel of what I'm going for. Here's a link.

http://www.dailymoti...o-be-wild_music

• 1 month later...
How about plane-less shots, ie shots without an aircraft/helicopter in sight, just scenery/moods/dawn/dusk/sky shots?

You've only said that because you know you'd win winka.gif

Thats been done anyway in the subject, Flyings Off !

How about

Ground shots, any aircraft, but at least one part of it must be in contact with the ground.

Out of this world, there are lots of sci fi and movie type models out there.

Between the wars, anything from the 1920s and 30s

• 2 months later...

Remingtons idea would be very awkward to do as you would need to show not only your screenshots but the original photos that inspired them. As most of these pictures would be subject to copywright law it would actually be illegal to publish them without authorisation from the author. Not a good move ! (Ive had this problem myself as I am a semi pro photographer and the BBC had to get permission to use one of my pics some time ago. )

Thanks Alan, perhaps we could stipulate that you have to take the RW picture as well?!

Only joking, but if they were shots from Airliners.net or equivalent that had the copyright notice on I would like to think we could use them, especially if we only used a link back to the original.

Could we just give a link instead of the thumbnail? It seems that would not be any breech of anything.

I'll go with that, Rem - great idea. @thum:

Oh - and one from me. You're gonna love this...

Screen shot(s) from mmm MS FLIGHT? :whis:

Bill Please!

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Dai,

I think that's a great idea if Mut doesn't see it as too much of a departure from the theme of "A Haven for Microsoft Flight Simulator Enthusiasts". It seems like there are enough members who have downloaded it and played with it. Of course, the selection of AC is going to be a little limited...

John

EDIT: It might be worthwhile to see if JF would still be willing to donate a prize for that. Come to think of it, it would be kind of ironic to win a FSX download for a MSF screenshot contest. :rofl:

JDA

There's no reason why anyone cannot enter the competition with a screenshot from FLIGHT as it is a MS Flight sim, it would be valid in my eyes.

However, I would not make it MS Flight only like I would not make it FS9 or FSX only, it is open to all MS Sims :cloudnine: .

Cheers,

Joe