WW2 Secret Atlantic Airfield, Portuguese Azores

Come visit the Portuguese Azores in the mid-north Atlantic and see how these beautiful islands, although officially neutral in WW2, greatly helped the Allies. Visit the two main WW2 airfields including one kept secret during construction to protect Portugal's "neutrality". See some scenic sights as we fly between the two airfields. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

Thanks for the look at the Azores Frank, think I'll take a flight around there tomorrow and check it out.

Did Germany ever figure out that there was a secret airport there before we gave up the ruse?

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, brett said:

Thanks for the look at the Azores Frank, think I'll take a flight around there tomorrow and check it out.

Did Germany ever figure out that there was a secret airport there before we gave up the ruse?

Thanks Brett. Pretty sure the Germans would have known/suspected, mainly because they began losing the U-boat advantage big-time, but probably could not do much about it because they were on the ropes by then. Cheers.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, CAT3508 said:

Sorry to say, that this wasn't well received on PPRuNE, the forum members there are not very receptive to anything regarding flight simulation.   

Thanks Neil. Saw that and have given a polite response, waiting moderator’s approval or something. It is a strange Forum in many ways. Cheers. 

19 hours ago, CAT3508 said:

Sorry to say, that this wasn't well received on PPRuNE, the forum members there are not very receptive to anything regarding flight simulation.   

If they don't like anything flight sim related than why watch the videos or even talk about them. Sounds like they have the problem and at the least deserve this...

f6146dbbd837c706e78ce75cc092d359.jpg

• Haha 2

PPRuNe actually removed my post as clickbait simulation! I asked for my account to be deleted, which is a pity because I fly IRL and was enjoying contributing to their other topics. I was rather insulted because history and geography are big parts of how I use the sim and I just want to share what I learn through videos and each 10 minute video takes hours and hours of work. Anyway, life is too short at my age too make an issue out of it! Cheers.

A shame, many pilots use the flight sim to practice but it seems there might be some real pilot snobbery going on at that site. Personally, I would think any pilot would enjoy seeing new places and even enjoy some history.

Be yourself and keep on keeping on. :dance3:

• Thanks 1

Frank, you will always be welcome here with your very well made and entertaining posts, you inspire me to go visit those unusual locations in the sim!

Virtual beer mate. :cheers: 

Joe

• Thanks 1
13 hours ago, mutley said:

Frank, you will always be welcome here with your very well made and entertaining posts, you inspire me to go visit those unusual locations in the sim!

Virtual beer mate. :cheers: 

Joe

I enjoyed that beer Joe - not sure if it was Aussie or Pommie! Cheers.

• Like 1