Boeing 747-8 Flight Management System Setup - AAU2 - LNAV/VNAV Autoland - CYYZ-KBOS FMS Tutorial -4K

The default 747 is now amazing!

The Aircraft and Avionics Update 2 (AAU2) by Working Title to the default Boeing 747 in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 brings this aircraft closer to a study level/immersion experience. We program the Flight Management System (FMS) with the essential data to experience a completely automated flight with LNAV and VNAV execution from departure to touchdown using the autoland system. This 397 nm flight departs from Toronto (CYYZ) RWY 05 and arrives in Boston (KBOS) RWY 22L. The 747 follows the flight plan to perfection. Please consider a subscription if you enjoyed this video. Blue skies to all pilots!

Edited by Doering
  • Like 1

Thanks Doering, always a pleasure to watch your videos so thanks for posting. And yes, I have been subscribed for a while now and watch them on YouTube.

Even though I have learned a bunch about the FMS I always found them to be a usable 45 year old tech that's a little bit chunky, read about a new graphical interface one that might make it into the Boeing 777X along with new touch screens for all the glass panels. Things are moving along.