Carenado PA46 Meridian - G1000

Hi All

Getting back into flying and considering a change to a glass cockpit.  Can anyone tell  me if the Carenado PA46 Meridian G1000 has pop-up PFD and MFD screens.  The aircraft is no use to me without these pop-ups as my eyesight isn't up to reading the fixed 3D panel screens.

Cheers

Doug Weir

Hi Doug,

From looking at their web site I gather this plane is only available for X-Plane right now and I don't use this sim personally. I tried looking for a free manual download and didn't see any available on their site either, so did a browser search and didn't find much. There was a mention of a pop-up autopilot and another of a fellow finding the special spot to pop-up the FMS but was unable to work any of the buttons.

To little information I would say so your only choices are, contact Carenado and hope they might give you an answer, wait for someone here that might know the answer to your query, check at the X-Plane forum or the Avsim un-official Carenado support forum. 

Have you ever thought of using Track-IR, it's great because you can move your head forward to see the cockpit panel easier or even try the VR type headsets even though I didn't get along with them myself but others seem to prefer them.

Hope you find the answer, good luck.

• Like 1

Hi Brett

Thank you very much for that, much appreciated.  I have been down much the same trail as you over the last few days with the same result.  I am currently using P3D and the Carenado blurb says it is P3D compatible.  Somewhere I saw that it has 2x2D panels but doesn't say which ones.  One site says that it has an MFD pop-up but before I spend $37.00 I would like to know what I was getting.  At the moment I could probably set a Chase Plane camera to zoom in but would have preferred the pop-up as it sort of maintains my overall outside  view.

Cheers

Doug

Hi Joe

Thank you for that.  I was pretty sure that the Hangar would be the place for help with this and I wasn't wrong.  I have always appreciated how many helpful people post on your site and it is a real pleasure to be back and part of it.

Cheers

Doug

• Thanks 1