The Last of the Famous Junkers Ju 52 - or is it?

Come with me to see the origins of the famous/infamous German Junkers Ju-52 Trimotor, the last ones to fly, & the possibility of a new Ju-52NG from 2026. Enjoy a fly-by/tower view at the end. Hope you enjoy. Cheers.

• Like 1

Can't go wrong with three engines. You never disappoint Frank, thanks for bringing this information into my brain.

One of my favorite movies as a ten year old kid was Where Eagles Dare(1968) with Clint Eastwood, I think my first blip of wanting to fly was watching the Ju-52 flying in the snow covered mountains during the closing credits. In Panavision no less. That plane, I believe was the same one that crashed in Switzerland in 2018.

As a side note, the movie used T-6's for German fighters. When will they stop lying to us kids.:P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great aircraft. Wow, it has a very short take off run! Seems to lift before the speed is active but I notice you had pulled the yoke right back.

More3 great content Frank, thanks for posting

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, mutley said:

Wow, it has a very short take off run! Seems to lift before the speed is active but I notice you had pulled the yoke right back.

Amazing what you can do in a Sim compared to RL! Cheers.