New LGW video - new camera settings

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of input to the forum latley. You probably wont see me regularly on here for another few weeks yet.

I have adjusted some camera settings on my camcorder including my manual focus- which should help make the frame not so full up of fence :biggrin:

I also now have the privilage of filming with "gatwickspotting" off youtube - the Simon Lowe of Gatwick. Dispite being only 14, his videos are still top notch and in HD. Not only that, but also films at different locations from me at the airport- some of which you will see from me in the future, although the locations he spots at (ones I also want to film at) are areas that you generally get moved on from, so its generally a quick film shoot :help: . Though you can get excellent results from it though!

Anyway, here is the new settings with the planes on 08R. I managed to also catch a go-around which is a first on film for me :thanks:

P.S sorry for the dodgey audio! Ive been using the same tape for 2 years for my LGW videos, and its on its last legs :thum:

DKnP1l1-SvQ

Hi Gareth nice video great to see a go-around. :biggrin:

Have you tried putting the lens of your camcorder though the fence or maybe even use a pair of small step ladders. :thanks::thum:

:biggrin: Nice report there from Mutley's very own Gatwick correspondent!

Great video Gareth, no matter how wide the zoom goes you can never get a whole aircraft in when overhead! I have the same problem.

Thanks for posting another great sequence.

Cheers

Hi Gareth nice video great to see a go-around. :biggrin:

Have you tried putting the lens of your camcorder though the fence or maybe even use a pair of small step ladders. :thanks::thum:

Hi Mike,

This is one of the problems of filming and photography at the airport. You arnt allowed to put the lens through the fence, as you will be quickly told to step behind the ditch- theres a ditch inbetween the pavement and the perimeter fence.

Other spotting locations include the end of 08R and the car park. Both of which I am going to try and start filming at. However the only problem is, you get as quickly moved on as you do getting told to move behind the ditch, which is a minor problem.

Hi Gareth,

Sorry mate I did'nt know about the ditch, :thanks: so you must have to keep one eye on the a/c and the other on the airport staff/police. :help: So things have not change much then, since the days I spent hanging around heathrow way back in the 60's I to had to dodge the police etc. It's a good job I had my bike. :biggrin:

Looking forward to your next video. :thum:

Cheers guys!

Hopefully within the next few weeks I shall be changing my spotting position, and the dreaded fence will be gone!

This may be one of my last videos for a few weeks with the tacky mesh fence covering the whole frame.