Name that plane!!...can you guess what it is yet?

its not a C-212 'Aviocar' is it Mut??

The nose shape seems to direct me to the Spanish maker for some reason....

DAS_C212.jpg

i know it's not the exact same image, but if you elongate the forward nose section for a radome, voila, looks very similar...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know it's not the exact same image, but if you elongate the forward nose section for a radome, voila, looks very similar...

You guys are good!!

Yes Simi, you are as close as it gets. It's a CASA C-212-200 Aviocar of the Spanish Air force.

Linky - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6604430

Well done :nea:

You guys are good!!

Yes Simi, you are as close as it gets. It's a CASA C-212-200 Aviocar of the Spanish Air force.

Linky - http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6604430

Well done :nea:

well, i try! I also know where i recognised the aircraft from - my ATWC2 Leg 50 flight! I've used the C212's bigger brother for the flight!!

ok, i'm hunting down a pic right now and will see what i can get up before the end of this afternoon...

worrabahtamoff?? :cray:

cheers - Dai. :whis:

if i knew what that was Dai, i'd say yes...but as i think you've forgotten you're tablets tonight, i think i'll say no to that, sorry.

Dear Sir,

I have taken my medicine - at least my apothecary tells me I have - and would offer the following suggestion, in respect of your request for information concerning, what appears, at first sight, to be a close up, albeit diagrammatically oriented, of the under-carriage of a de Havilland DH 82 Tiger Moth.

Lastly, I must apologise for my rather unkempt previous offering.

Wishing you a very good day, I remain,

Yours faithfully,

D. David.

Dear Sir,

I have taken my medicine - at least my apothecary tells me I have - and would offer the following suggestion, in respect of your request for information concerning, what appears, at first sight, to be a close up, albeit diagrammatically oriented, of the under-carriage of a de Havilland DH 82 Tiger Moth.

Lastly, I must apologise for my rather unkempt previous offering.

Wishing you a very good day, I remain,

Yours faithfully,

D. David.

:cray::whis:

Well done Kieran!

indeed, well done mate... however, from what i gather from Kieran's post on July's screenshot competition, he's now on holiday. So, if we haven't heard from him here, or on the other sections of the forum by 9am on Wednesday 15th July, then i'll permit you, Rob, as the first poster following Kieran's correct guess, the right to continue the challenge and post a picture to get us all guessing!!

Yes, I am on hols at the moment!

The Swordfish answer came from me building an Airfix kit of the Stringbag!

Here's mine :

untitled.jpg

Mut, you are not allowed to enter this time, as I may not be able to post up the winner, so I've PM'ed you with the correct anwer and full shot