My new PC is here. Need immediate assisstance

Hi all,

I got my new PC today(see specs on signature) and I had a lot of problems.

1) My CPU was clocked at 2.4 instead of 2.93

2) The 750GB Hard Drive did not appear

3) It does a lot of noise

I corrected the first one by reseting default settings at BIOS. As for the 75OGB, Microsoft suggested to download a driver. I installed it and now

Windows Vista Ultimate not to Start!

I can't have access to this 6512,34 Euro PC. I am furious. Please help me

Thanks a lot

Regarding the hard drive, I'd check its connections to the motherboard and PSU and make sure they're OK. It might be the wrong type of hard drive for the motherboard too - for example is the hard drive SATA2 and the motherboard only SATA? But most likely is that it is just a faulty hard drive.

The lower CPU clock is strange. The only reason I can think of is that they have supplied you with a lower model than the QX6800. If so, it's a question for the supplier.

Considering it has 2 8800 Ultras in it I'd be surprised if it didn't make a lot of noise! The fan on my 7600GT is puny compared to the monsters on the 8800s - and you have 2 of them - and even mine gets a little loud when you push it. You might want to consider replacement fans for the graphics cards although it's never been an area I've ventured into myself.

Like Mut said though, I'd get in touch with the supplier.

Dave

I should think so too, I don't know who nailed it together but they sound like nut cases.

Hope it all works out for you when it's returned.

This is one of the reasons I build my own, at least I know whats inside it.