ATWC035 - Tamworth YSTW - Auckland NZAA

Welcome back to Tamworth.

Aidan and I spent a few hours in down-town Tamworth sharing stories of flights past and flights planned. No expense spared as you can see!

screen330.jpg

We decided to head back to base in the company car, our driver pulled out all the stops to get us back quickly. We didn't even stop for a drive thru!

screen334.jpg

The BAE flying school were playing host and we were taking advantage of their accommodation.

screen340.jpg

I stopped off at the CT to file my plans, even though I was not sure what my aircraft would be! I guessed it would be some small size jetliner.

screen342.jpg

Leaving Aidan in the pool for a midnight dip, I retired to my bunk for an early start.

screen343.jpg

Aidan carried on all night, so I hear!

screen346.jpg

Our flight today is to Auckland on the North Island of NZ, I was quite excited as I have never been to Kiwi-Land before and heard it was a very picturesque place with lots of sheep? Having looked in all the usual places I could not find any bespoke scenery for the airport so FSX default will be our host!

The recent shocking news of the earthquake and plane crash was playing heavy on my mind so I sort of wanted to dedicate this flight to all Kiwi's without sounding too pretentious.

Here is our aircraft of the day, my original steed had been hijacked by Marcel for his ATWC flight, my replacement, the MD 80, was snapped up by Aidan, of all the aircraft in all the world...... So last minute calls to our German office secured an A320 IAE but no relevant livery. Luckily for me, JanKees came up trumps with this livery which will be on general release next week. Phew! All I have to do now is fly this beast so spent an hour looking at the pictures in the many handbooks.

screen221.jpg

Checking all the baggage on board, baton, snacks, drinks, Sharon

Great flight Mut..

Are those 10 points redeemable at JF?? :biggrin:

I do belive it was creedence clearwater revival that did Bad moon rising... pardon the possible typo..

A great looking A320 by the way.. the VC is a big step up from the JF/CLS one...

Mmm, that A320 is still light and nimble. Imagine letting the autopilot fly a beast like the A340-600 down the glideslope. I did it once, for the first time, into La Mercy (King Shaka) airport, and my goodness, I was thinking "How is this thing ever going to stop!" But great shots, really great.

Credance Clearwater Revival? " Don't go out tonight etc...." :whis:

Dang nabbit, there, Stu - done beat me to it, darn ya! :cool:

And what about the flight, then? Well, one day I'm going to find a fault in the Boss's post - but not this time.... Top notch, Old Boy! Brilliant screen shots, excellent narrative - and, most importantly, you've brought Sharon along. How did you know she was going to be needed on the Rarotonga leg, eh? :biggrin:

And what's the slap for - I haven't done anything - yet..... :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

:biggrin: :whis::cool:

Ab Fab' shots Mut', how do we follow those screenshots?

I love the car. How do you do that?

The A320 is a beauty.

I really must get myself together and get into jet flying.

See me here soon.

Well done mate.

Needles

Hi Aidan,

It's difficult to say if I recommend it to everyone, I am no tubeliner pilot, more a bush pilot! But anyone wanting to get into the less complicated side of jet liners this is perfect. I will leave it to Jack to give it a knowledgeable report, his review will be in a few weeks.

As for SID's and STARs, I used FS Commander to generate a FSX flightplan with a STAR which is read by the FMC. As far as I know there are no S&S in it's database? Not sure, I had never flown this model before so didn't manage to read all the spec before my flight was due.

I am pleased with it and will probably use it many more times to come.

Needles, if you want a copy of the Dodge Charger let me know and I will send it to you.

Cheers

Joe

Hi Aidan,

Needles, if you want a copy of the Dodge Charger let me know and I will send it to you.

Cheers

Joe

HI Joe, How does it work? Is it classed as another aircraft??

Wouldn't say no mate.

Cheers

PS. Off the grid from this Friday until Saturday next week.

Hols with Wifey down in the Kingdom of Fife. (inc' Leuchars Air Show)

Will report back when I get back home.

Regards

Brian

That was a thoroughly enjoyable ATWC PIREP! :biggrin:

I tend to stick with Boeing and CRJ and have not flown an Airbus in like 2 years, but that one sure is a beauty. :cool:

One question though, and forgive my ignorance, but who is Sharon again? :whis:

One question though, and forgive my ignorance, but who is Sharon again? :???:

Rich,

Sharon is one of the crew who sometimes will be a flight attendant, sometimes a co-pilot, just about anything you need! but she tends to be drawn to stripes on epaulettes so sometimes goes AWOL for weeks on end but eventually comes back.

We have an emoteicon to represent her - sharon.gif feel free to use.

I have some FS shots, some are better than others but generally any female in FS will do, I have some pictures as featured in past ATWC flights-

leg77_001.jpg

leg77_144.jpg

atwc47_10.jpg

fsscr051.jpg

m16.jpg

m18.jpg

Get the idea? :biggrin:

Cheers

Got it! Thanks for clearing that up. Now that you mention it, I recall that she's popped up in my travels as well. There are two of her on my F-Lite 767. (must be a twin sister)

That chick sure gets around, doesn't she? :biggrin:

• 1 month later...

As Aidan said it's due to a slight hickup in the conversion to the new forum.

Had the same problem with most of my posts that include screenshots or photos.

If you run into a thread of your own with this problem, all you need to do to fix it is to click the edit button and then save the post and the images will return.

Yeah, she sure does.

My interpretation of the character of Sharon comes from a previous girlfriend of mine, name no names but it goes back to a time when I worked for a real world air charter company and pilots, especially airline pilots where often the target :whis: