here they are chaps, heres leg 3, and just a short (westerly! :oops:) hop from LSZS, Samedan -> LIMC, Malpensa.

apologies for lack of commentary, have just been summoned by the missus to collect her from the in-laws... :blink: :rockon:

63cbe1b1.jpg

4fcdbbcc.jpg

5f9f14f0.jpg

48bdd9b9.jpg

a62ea1e2.jpg

8462e0d2.jpg

6314cff3.jpg

3a085b25.jpg

6ad89deb.jpg

ea1bed0f.jpg

7e6d85d9.jpg

13da052b.jpg

07f34a2a.jpg

82a01323.jpg

24f9a852.jpg

9added46.jpg

now bonus points go to those who can name the make, model and variations of aircraft (easy isnt it!) and the platinum prize for guessing the contry of ownership.

Great shots Simi. I'm no expert on military aircraft though. However I am certain that it's a C-5. (joking :blink: )

I'd be interested in doing the next leg, possibly to Palermo, however I want to get to know the 737-200 a bit better first, so if anyone wants to take up the baton at this stage it's OK with me.

Dave

Excellent shots Simi and well done on completing this leg.

Which aircraft for the bonus? The C130E Italian?

Anyhew, we need someone for leg 4 to take the baton from Malpensa, good opportunity for long hail, anyone?

Cheers

Excellent shots Simi and well done on completing this leg.

Which aircraft for the bonus? The C130E Italian?.......

Thanks Mutley, guess is partially correct however its NOT the E variation. Also, well done on getting the Italian Airforce as owners of this mighty tin-can.

Looks like the C-130J to me, and from memory it's the only variant the Italians have ever had.

Joe, i must say that you know you're aircraft... and because of that, you're a winner!!

It is indeed the Lockheed C-130J of the Italian airforce, and you're correct in saying that its the only variation of Herc that the ITAF have ever owned, great knowlegde there!

I can't do a long haul but I'd be happy enough to take the baton either south to Palermo, Sicily or north-east to Vienna. Or possibly north to Frankfurt or south to Olbia.

If that dosen't suit, I'm sure that Dammy will be along soon enough :-)

Thanks Simi,

Dave over to you mate!

@Joe, we seemed to have jumped the gun there, we (I) should remember that we need to allow a good 24 hours between posting the shots and awarding the next flight to allow everyone a chance to bid.

What we need are some clocks with our users time zones! GMT GMT+10 GMT-6 etc, just shows what a truly international outfit we are :cool:

Cheers

Cheers all.

Will get the flight done tonight. I will fly to Palermo, on the island of Sicily. Don't know the largest aircraft it can take but it should be a nice stopgap for anyone that wants to take the baton to northern Africa.

Dave :-)

Grr...did the flight but the screenshots didn't save :yikes: Will re-do the flight tomorrow and post some shots then.

:sadblinky:

Looking forward to it Dave

Still looking forward to it Dave :cool: