Well, first try at this type of flying, and I was way to slow. Need to catch up on the next leg...

Climbing out from Southampton on heading 240, aiming for a cruise at 4 500 feet.

fsx2011042412511486.jpg

Getting closer to the coast, should be somewhere close to Bournemouth.

fsx2011042412511895.jpg

Handy to have the power settings chart in the sun visor..

fsx2011042413013093.jpg

That should be Weymouth at the right side of the shot..

fsx2011042413034978.jpg

And possibly Saint Albhans Head to the right in this shot.

fsx2011042413091616.jpg

Almost time for things to head south....

fsx2011042413093845.jpg

And after lots and lots of water, Alderney and the french coast comes into view.

fsx2011042413374346.jpg

Cap de la Hague on the French coast, aiming to get my self on a long final using the NDB to guide me in.

fsx2011042414002143.jpg

A bit high, but almost aligned on the runway..

fsx2011042414055211.jpg

But somewhat late. Less than a minute to touchdown, and a Trislander on the ground turns on his blinding headlights..

fsx2011042414065841.jpg

Taxiing to the apron.

fsx2011042414092510.jpg

Parked up and ready for the next leg.

fsx2011042414112813.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them.

Micke,

They were great!

Were you using GEX or UTX Europe? Your textures over the UK are very good!

I am really enjoying seeing everyone's shots, thanks for posting.

Joe

Thanks Joe.

Yes UTX Europe is used, and possibly FScene X helps a bit to enhance the ground textures too. And the HDR plugin for better overall color :th_smiles73:

That UTX scenery is almost as good as the photo-real - nice shots, thanks for sharing Micke! :thum:

I guess you were watching the Ground/True-Air Speed and matching it with your Test Flight result?

Enjoy the Leg to the Scillys...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Thanks Joe.

Yes UTX Europe is used, and possibly FScene X helps a bit to enhance the ground textures too. And the HDR plugin for better overall color :th_smiles73:

May I ask what scenery addon you're using there for Alderney? It's outstanding. Nice pics by the way!!

Thanks for you kind comments everyone. Leg 2 will be up soon, I just need to pick the shots...

@Dai: No Sir, that's not the reason. But I do know the reason now. Take a look at shot #6 above, and you might be able to figure out what I forgot to do before takeoff that induced some drag :th_smiles73:

Came much, much closer to my target time to Scilly, even if I had to do a crosswind landing on RWY 27 to make it on time.

@Falcon: The Alderney scenery comes from Earth Simulations, and yes it looks great. They have made a scenery for the destination in leg 2 too, but sadly it's not in my library.

Aye...

and the worse part of it was that I hadn't even opened them myself. They were already in an open state when I switched over to the Seneca after loading the flight.

But now I know to keep an eye on it.

Lovely scenery, I was going to make some smart-arsed remark about :001_th_smiles76: "sky hooks" at the control tower when fortunately I saw the spiral staircase!! Shut my big mouth. Good work, congrats.