The Douglas DC2 in the London Melbourne race

Hi,

John MacKay made a great video of the adventurous flight the Douglas DC2 made in 1934, during the London Melbourne race. He followed the data from the Diary kept by one of the passengers, Mr. Domenie.

You can read that here: Domenie Diary

Not only the Uiver story is covered, also the most spectacular events from other contestants are not forgotten.

Anyway, enjoy the movie of the Uiver, brought to you by Jonh MacKay and the "UIVER" Team

Cheers, Rob

Brilliant video, Rob - thanks for giving us the link. One of the most enjoyable flight sim videos I've seen - I was on the edge of my seat! The animations are truly excellent - no doubt you'll let us know how the people managed to run around?!? :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Fab video great find Rob, :icon_goodpost: Great work done by John and team :thumbup: with lots of surprises.I loved the way that the crew member had his fingers X behind his back great detail to a loverly video.Well Done Guys. :icon_bowdown:

Well, I have now clue about how to animate the people and the cars, that's Johns work.

So that's what I asked him as well: this was his reply, a few months ago: I use another 3d program published by DAZ called Carrara Pro, and the program Poser, and gmax. and others. It can get complicated at times. :-)

He used our Gmax source, to have the pilots in the model, working the throttles.

It was very nice to work together with him, he worked out a story board, and I would comment on accuracy.

I really like the part with the sharks, Jimmy Melrouse dead stick landing, the aborted landing with the flares, and ofcourse the thunderstorm and the landing in Albury,with the car lit race course.

Cheers, Rob

I told my cousin who lives in Albury-Wodonga about it (she's not remotely interested in planes or aviation), and she'd never heard about it, but thought it was absolutely fabulous!

I told my cousin who lives in Albury-Wodonga about it (she's not remotely interested in planes or aviation), and she'd never heard about it, but thought it was absolutely fabulous!
It is indeed a stunning adventure, early pax flights and all those races. Cool she likes it!

Chheers, Rob