Flightsim Greenland announce Narsarsuaq scenery

Ulrik Motzfeldt, of FlightSim Greenland (flightsim.gl), has announced new scenery and mesh for Narsarsuaq. This is the 'new' name for the Bluey West One, the airfield used by both the U.S. and Allied Air Forces during the latter stages of WWII, and more recently for the supplying the DEW Line radar stations on the Greenland ice-cap.

Have a look at Ulrik's screenshots here

The package will be available soon and I will most likely repeat the ATWC Leg into BGBW and post some shots.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see this topic !

The Narsarsuaq X project will be the largest and best release from FlightSim Greenland, this I can asure you!

Right now I am doublechecking the MESH for whole area, and are correcting the minor errors I find.

The desing of lakes and stream are still ongoing. Custom made buildings for Narsarsuaq is still ongoing.

Are still hoping for a release this summer :-)

But it might take longer time to finish it all. Want to make the best and a perfect release.

As all the releases from FlightSim Greenland, this release will be a FREEWARE :-)

Ulrik Motzfeldt

CEO FlightSim Greenland

Hi Ulrik - thanks for letting us know how Narsarsuaq X is going! You can tell that we're looking forward to using the scenery when it's available and many thanks for providing the sim community with such a great freeware product! :thum:

The Narsarsuaq scenery is now in beta testing - here are a couple of screenshots - approaching BGBW from Eriksfjord:

BGBW_Beta_Bluie_One_Approach_01.jpg

BGBW_Beta_Bluie_One_Approach_02.jpg

and a spectacular sunset over Tasermuit Fjord:

Tasermuit_Fjord_Winter_Sunset_02.jpg

More to follow - hope you like the preview! :thum:

Looks stunning.

Well defined Mesh and great looking ground textures judging by your shots..

Is it a photoreal or texture/landclass based scenery?

Yep - Ulrik and his flightsim.gl buddies are doing a fine job - the mesh is based on satellite data, I think, and it's landclass and not photo-scenery, so you get the seasons care of FSX.

I'll post some more screenshots over the weekend...

• 1 month later...

The scenery uses landclass, so we have the season variations.

But yesterday I made Photo texture for Narsarsuaq Airport area.

Photo_01.jpg

This makes the Narsarsuaq more alive and much better to look at.

But I made season variation to the photo texture aswell:

Photo_05.jpg

You can see more screen shots at our website, where I have uploaded some screen shots at out Facebook Fanside.

Excellent work, Ulrik - I also found the default ground textures a little inconsistent with reality. The photo-textures araound BGBW look much, much better! :thum:

Here's some more coastal shots - first a fishing village:

BGBW_Beta3_Fishing_Village.jpg

... and the heliport:

BGBW_Beta3_Coastal_Heliport.jpg

BTW, this scenery really makes you want to get to Greenland - must start saving up... :whis:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey David

If you ever should come to Greenland - then let me know. If you should land in Narsarsuaq, then you can meet Mads (FlightSim Greenland team member), who is currently working at the airport terminal :-)

And if you should be lost near Kangerlussuaq or Sisimiut, then let me know :-)

• 5 weeks later...