The low and slow flying is my main area of interest in my new found and expensive dip into the FSX scene.

Just wondered what everyones favourite freeware and payware aircraft would be?

where i come from, low and slow is the ONLY way to fly, and the best way to do it is in great aircraft...some good choices above, but take a look at my favourites below too...

Freeware - Dave Garwoods' Auster J1 'Autocrat' or the DeHavilland DH.89a 'Dragon Rapide' both available over at Britsim.com

Payware - i think its got to be something from the Eaglesoft or Carenado stables, lets see, probably the Eaglesoft Piper Twin Commanche, or the Carenado Cessna 208B / Cessna 152 (i cant choose, all the Carenado aircraft are just so good!)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your help and guidance. There's so many things to get your head round when your just starting out.

Thanks again :icon_bowdown:

Well for most people the very thought of getting a new caravan for Father's Day would be quite abhorrent.

However when you find out that it's a CARENADO C208B GRAND CARAVAN HD SERIES then the world just appears a brighter place. :rockon:

Hi Sabre.

If you want one of the smaller "CARENADO" aircraft there are some downloads on sale at justflight, I was very tempted to get the F33A Bonanza (FOR FSX) as it's only $15.30 ATM.

Here's the link to the page, just scroll down untill you see the on sale planes :)

http://www.justflight.com/downloadproducts.asp?cat=1∼=5&type=&product=All+Products&imageField.x=62&imageField.y=13

Cheer's...Graham...

Hi Sabre.

If you want one of the smaller "CARENADO" aircraft there are some downloads on sale at justflight, I was very tempted to get the F33A Bonanza (FOR FSX) as it's only $15.30 ATM.

Here's the link to the page, just scroll down untill you see the on sale planes :)

http://www.justflight.com/downloadproducts.asp?cat=1∼=5&type=&product=All+Products&imageField.x=62&imageField.y=13

Cheer's...Graham...

Hmmm.... I wish I'd looked there at the weekend, they seem a little cheaper than direct from Carenado (I always find that strange). You do realise I hate you Graham, just when I thought I'd stop spending and start learning to fly you come along with this little dilemma :001_th_smiles48:

I know it’s very tempting isn’t it! ;), I just blew out on my budget for this week when I got REX, so I think I’ll still with the Do-27 for a while and learn all I can about flying form that, as I don’t think it's clever to keep swapping and changing planes all the time when you are just learning the basics of flight.

Cheer’s…Graham….

I know it’s very tempting isn’t it! ;), I just blew out on my budget for this week when I got REX, so I think I’ll still with the Do-27 for a while and learn all I can about flying form that, as I don’t think it's clever to keep swapping and changing planes all the time when you are just learning the basics of flight.

Cheer’s…Graham….

Yeah your right, stick to an aircraft and learn it ...........................hmmmmm...................................

then again ..................... maybe just one more.

BTW I blew this weeks and next weeks and ... and .... and ... well lots of budget last week :faint: Must remember to intercept the visa bill when it lands :help:

Cheer’s…Graham….

Yeah your right, stick to an aircraft and learn it ...........................hmmmmm...................................

then again ..................... maybe just one more.

BTW I blew this weeks and next weeks and ... and .... and ... well lots of budget last week :faint: Must remember to intercept the visa bill when it lands :help:

Sorry to report that I am weak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to buy it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pilotic:

!!!!It's Done!!!!Downloading Now!!!!!Please don't Tell The wife "LOL" :secret: !!!!!

And here she is, very nice plane indeed with tons of details and other stuff to tinker about with, also runs very well on my system with the AA / AS and plane shadows turned on, have my frames set to 30fps and I can reach that easily, mind you it did say that this plane was designed for FSX :)

fsx_2011_06_20_20_36_50_797.jpg

Cheer's...Graham...

And here she is, very nice plane indeed with tons of details and other stuff to tinker about with, also runs very well on my system with the AA / AS and plane shadows turned on, have my frames set to 30fps and I can reach that easily, mind you it did say that this plane was designed for FSX :)

Cheer's...Graham...

Very nice Graham, real nice picture. You'll be pleased to know that the £10 offer proved too tempting and I succumbed during an otherwise boring lunch hour :secret:

Whatever happened to will power :faint: The good news is I was two clicks away from ordering some Saitek Pedals and managed to mentally slap myself into stopping :stars:

Hi Sabre.

How are you getting on with your new F33A? seems to be very detailed cockpit wise, and I think that the sun shades are a really cool feature :) .

I'm having a bit of trouble trimming ATM, just can't seem to get it right, must be doing something wrong :unsure:

Don't really think the F33A Bonanza is a low and slow plane, but my Do-27 fits that bill very nicely, so I will just use the F33A for longer flights as it's faster and has almost twice the range of my little Dornier :icon_thumbup: .

Cheer's...Graham...

Hi Sabre.

How are you getting on with your new F33A? seems to be very detailed cockpit wise, and I think that the sun shades are a really cool feature :) .

I'm having a bit of trouble trimming ATM, just can't seem to get it right, must be doing something wrong :unsure:

Don't really think the F33A Bonanza is a low and slow plane, but my Do-27 fits that bill very nicely, so I will just use the F33A for longer flights as it's faster and has almost twice the range of my little Dornier :icon_thumbup: .

Cheer's...Graham...

I think there's a dark art to trimming because I don't get it either. One of the experts here may advise, start a post about it. We need some flying lessons :help::dance3:

Only managed a short flight in it so far times been a bit limited, I've been concentrating on trying to understand the Garmin GNC430 in my C208B Grand Caravan :blink:

Hi Sabre.

Cheer's...Graham...

I think there's a dark art to trimming because I don't get it either. One of the experts here may advise, start a post about it. We need some flying lessons :help::dance3:

Only managed a short flight in it so far times been a bit limited, I've been concentrating on trying to understand the Garmin GNC430 in my C208B Grand Caravan :blink:

OK, good idea, and it's your turn to start a thread I think? (your better with words than me anyway );)

Got to say, I can trim the Do-27 pretty well, but the F33A is a not good at all, even the smallest movement on the elevator sends it into a climb, or a dive??? can not find anything in the flight note about it either :unsure:

Cheer's...Graham...

• 6 months later...

I don't know if this counts as a low and slow, but if you like a small, fast, and powerful airplane (over 325hp, 200knts, and 6200lb max gross weight) the Beechcraft Baron 58TC turbocharged Baron is one of my favorites! You can find freeware versions at flightsim.com.