Hi Shrews,

That is a fantastic set of shots and video, the screenshot type video is very popular today, nice to see some action too. I know there are quite a few people here who will enjoy this, especially Dai.

PS, to post a YouTube vid just paste the URL straight into the forum, it will take care or it (So no need for tags :001_th_smiles89: )

Nice video, always like looking at these big four engine birds, I was surprised by how much visibility there was from the cockpit shots, I always thought that you could not see hardly anything in one these things, now I want a Lanc as well :)

Cheer’s…Graham…

Wow, fantastic shots and video! I really enjoyed looking at them. 001_th_smiles89.gif

This actually reminded me of something I discovered a while ago - off topic, but interesting. There is an aviation museum about two hours from where I live (Toronto, Canada), and if you have a membership with them, you can actually pay for flights in some vintage WW II aircraft. And, believe it or not, they will actually give you a one hour flight in a Lancaster for $2500, or 1600 pounds! But if you don't want to empty your wallet, you can take a ride in a Beech 18 or DC-3 for just $60 (or 38 pounds). Graham, I know you might like this, since you also live in Toronto. biggrin.gif

Here's the link: http://www.warplane....8&CategoryId=76

And the homepage of the museum: http://www.warplane.com/index.html

Wow, fantastic shots and video! I really enjoyed looking at them. 001_th_smiles89.gif

This actually reminded me of something I discovered a while ago - off topic, but interesting. There is an aviation museum about two hours from I live (Toronto, Canada), and if you have a membership with them, you can actually pay for flights in some vintage WW II aircraft. And, believe it or not, they will actually give you a one hour flight in a Lancaster for $2500, or 1600 pounds! But if you don't want to empty your wallet, you can take a ride in a Beech 18 or DC-3 for just $60 (or 38 pounds). Graham, I know you might like this, since you also live in Toronto. biggrin.gif

WOW! another one from Canada, and there was me thinking that I was the only one :rolleyes: , you should pop a pin in the members map so we can see how close we are, or rather how far apart we are! ;) because this Canada place is "BIG" by UK standards,the lake district back home is just a small puddle compared to what I have on my doorstep now :o .

Also thanks for the link, very interesting as it's about 1 1/2 hours from my place and did not know about it before!, have just mentioned going there to the "Mrs" and she more or less agreed :wootmesalia: don't know how she will find it, as she has no interest at all when it comes to aircraft, and has already told me that there is no way on earth that I am going for a ride in the Lancaster at $2500. per hour "LOL" :D

Cheer's and thanks again...Graham...

Can't beat the old girls, can you?!? Such a pity there are so few left, but they did the job and that's over, I guess...

Thanks for sharing, Shrews! :thum:

Funnily enough, I was looking for a sound system in Currys the other day, when I came across a pile of FCS Lanc boxes all marked at £4.95! Now that's a bargain, eh? :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

This actually reminded me of something I discovered a while ago - off topic, but interesting. There is an aviation museum about two hours from I live (Toronto, Canada), and if you have a membership with them, you can actually pay for flights in some vintage WW II aircraft. And, believe it or not, they will actually give you a one hour flight in a Lancaster for $2500, or 1600 pounds! But if you don't want to empty your wallet, you can take a ride in a Beech 18 or DC-3 for just $60 (or 38 pounds). Graham, I know you might like this, since you also live in Toronto. biggrin.gif

WOW! another one from Canada, and there was me thinking that I was the only one :rolleyes: , you should pop a pin in the members map so we can see how close we are, or rather how far apart we are! ;) because this Canada place is "BIG" by UK standards,the lake district back home is just a small puddle compared to what I have on my doorstep now :o .

Also thanks for the link, very interesting as it's about 1 1/2 hours from my place and did not know about it before!, have just mentioned going there to the "Mrs" and she more or less agreed :wootmesalia: don't know how she will find it, as she has no interest at all when it comes to aircraft, and has already told me that there is no way on earth that I am going for a ride in the Lancaster at $2500. per hour "LOL" :D

Cheer's and thanks again...Graham...

Haha! Well, you could always just go to the museum, and look at the Lanc from the outside for a measly $10 (or whatever the admission is). It really is a great museum. As for the member map, I have thought about putting my pin on it, but I'm one of those people who don't like to put too much of their personal information in the "cloud", so I'm skeptical about it. I suppose I could put on my general location of Toronto, though, rather than my exact address. wink.gif

Now that's a REAL aeroplane! Great shots :icon_thumbup:

Is it the First Class Simulations Lancaster? It looks great, though I heard the 3D model isn't quite accurate somehow. I can't tell from the screenies in any case (if it even is that model), but I'm not a 'rivet counter' anyway. Enjoy it!

I have the Plane Design Lanc for FS9 which was great for its time. I'll no doubt pick up another one at some point. Maybe A2A will Accu-Sim one for us - now that would be an add-on to die for :wootmesalia: