"Waypoint" a new story from John

Heads up for all B17 fans!

I am pleased to announce John Allard's second story "Waypoint" exclusive to Mutleys.

John's first story "Hello, Columbus" received much critical acclaim and his second story is guaranteed to give you the feel good feeling.

John gives us a glimpse into small town America, 1943, and how the war came to town.

Please read, enjoy and give John any feedback you may have.

Cheers

A great piece of writing John, well done.

I purchased the Shockwave B-17 for FSX last night and this has certainly got me into the mood to get it airbourne! Conington(where I fly from) was actually a B-17 base during WWII, so I have become quite intrigued by these beasts. Although they are clearly no match for the Lancaster :yes:

Yes but it doesn't have an FMGC, fly by wire and lots of lovely high tech instruments to play with. :yes:

I'm a 21st century man! :wink:

You old geezers love your antiquated technology. :rofl

Didn't the super fortress have an early, computerised turret?

Yes but it doesn't have an FMGC, fly by wire and lots of lovely high tech instruments to play with. :yes:

I'm a 21st century man! :wink:

You old geezers love your antiquated technology. :rofl

Didn't the super fortress have an early, computerised turret?

Aren't you bored of FMCs yet? I have just got the Coolsky Super-80 for FSX, its a breath of fresh air getting away from Airbus/Boeing.

GA/Vintage aircraft are a much needed thrill after non-stop use of modern aircraft :yes:

Actually MartYn, I have the urge to get back into baby aircraft. I like the look of the Digital Aviation stuff, especially their Cheyenne. I'll wait until it's patched for FSX I think. The Archer 111 from Flight1 looks interesting as well, with RealityXP avionics.

Back to the big planes, I'm looking forward to the Airsimmer buses and of course the PSS/JF 757 when you guys get your finger out. :mrhappy:

I’ve not done much simming for a while, been too busy writing and also building 'Japanese style sliding wardrobes in Katy's room. I did a quick flight down to Malaga in the default Lear the other day, but after takeoff I got embroiled in that debate about UAV's with my highly paranoid buddy. When I went back up to my simming rig I found the aircraft flying in circles around Southampton. :help: The landing at Malaga was a disgrace, even worse than one of yours, I messed up the step decent over the hills surrounding Malaga, not descending soon enough from Martin VOR and found myself way too high. In a panic I accidentally switched off the Autopilot and ended up banking left to my bemusement. It was like something from National Geographic’s 'Aircrash Investigation' by the time I realised how stupid I had been I was way too high. Daniel needed taking to a local pub as his friend was leaving for university and it was her last night, so I had no choice but to lower gear, full flaps, speed brakes deployed and descend like a ton of bricks. Nice gentle landing though. :mrhappy: