Homebuild FlightSimulator Cockpit

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

as well lol; certainly no expert knowledge of aircraft and cockpit building, you better continue driving tanks; fwd: continue armor !

no offence intended, Dave

i only meant that there's a steampunk-esque value to your homebuilt with the multiple screen panels, etc.

It looks very cool!

...Multiplex to fly every Aircraft you like to and not configured to only one type. The only Bad thing is, to get it stable infront and of few parts, working on it,

Stay tuned, thanks, Five by Five ...

Max

I can see the sense of that. There are a number of us at my old VA who believe the same thing: dedicating your cockpit to a single type of aircraft may look great but can become boring really fast!

True enough. I suppose it all depends on how generic you want it to be. There comes a point where some gauges or modules are simply unsuited for the airframe in question such as a mixture lever for a jetliner, or a Boeing 737-style MCP for a King Air 350.

The holy grail may be the incorporation of things like iPads to offer 'virtual' push-button interfaces that can be reconfigured from one plane to the next.

Hi Graham, :biggrin: thank´s,

that's a good question. But do not take away a lot of space. It is rather the problem to wire everything systematically, if you even have a loss. And my wife, she was the one who has even suggested to me that, and allows for space :wub: . She is very interested, but only fly in the real airplane with me. Currently I have turned 17 USB connections. This is partly a very big problem for the computer. It happens a few times that one or other usb-connection does not work or is not going active, although all are fed with extra power.

The joke is that I usually had not before, to build so extensive. It was getting more and more. I already have plans for the second and better simulator. :yikes::rofl:

Best wishes, :thumbsup:

Indeed, this is the great question for home cockpit builders ... how specific to one aircraft type to get (as near 100% accurate as possible) OR how generic to leave it (allowing fairly realistic flying in many planes). Some of the Boeing simulators one sees on this and other forums are fantastic, but do the owners never ever honestly want to do a little VFR flying in a GA craft? There are solutions ... always with compromises to reality to make ... eg removable panel masks backed up by FS panel configurations for each aircraft.

David

Indeed, that´s true !.Well in real life, i have the opportunity to fly with real-GA aircrafts. This is absolutely fantastic and not get bored. Nevertheless, prices are rising now in the immeasurable. Let's see how this continues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd love to take a flight in your Sim :thumbsup:

Just been looking and commenting on Needles thread and that is is the generic type of panel I aspire to build, agreed with comments here, unless we desperately only want to fly one simulated aircraft type and model our home cockpits after that, then we will have to settle for generic pits ... and why not, they will still offer much immersion, the dedicated almost 1/1 scale model replica flight sim cockpits (mostly airliner ones I've seen) are highly impressive but are one trick pony's, the Combat jet sim guys do this too ... but I at least hanker after flight simulation of all genres ... even Space Shuttle 2007 and its next iteration.

Compromises have to be made ... my thoughts for my panel are ever evolving, but I need a generic GA aviation type panel that can be swapped fairly quickly to a military HOTAS setup that will do for WW1, WW2 and Jet sim combat ... I'm working towards that.

What part of Germany are you from Aero? I lived there three years as a teen, loved it :thumbsup:

That is correct. Only a B737 or B767 or A320 to build a static simulator is indeed ingenious but exhausted quite quickly. To this end I try to use several functions as well as several types of aircraft and connect with the FSUIPC-type specific. The whole combined with real aircraft parts. Other renovations will follow and the pictures above are almost a thing of the past. For questions, a short mail to me. :thum:

• 1 month later...

Yes thank you. Is some work, but is completely redesigned. You always learn and to develop further things. We'll see what I get everything ready by the summer. Will inform you. In any case, many real aircraft parts and displays in the cockpit can be found again. :thum: