Car crash

Here is a reply to all the lovely people who have asked about my dads condition, its good to know there are a bunch of lads like you around:

Fortunately he is ok. However it brought back bad memories of a crash in which he nearly died(I was about 8). He was lucky to be ok then and lucky to be ok this time....a very lucky person all round :dance:

Here is what happened:

+My dad approached the T junction and stopped

+Looked to his right and saw a yellow jeep approaching, so he stayed put

+He then looked to his left and saw a red car approaching

+As the red car got closer to the t-junction, he indicated to turn right, into the junction

+Rather than waiting for the yellow jeep to pass first, he tried to nip across

+You guessed it....the jeep hit the red car head on at a combined speed of around 80mph

car-1.jpg

+The red car was lifted into the air and span several times before coming to a stop, facing the completely opposite way, about 20 metres from where they collided

+The yellow jeep span also, and span right into the drivers side of my dads car at around 55mph

+My dad instinctively dived onto the passenger seat just prior to the jeep hitting him

car2.jpg

Thank god he instinctively dives onto the passenger seat, as this is what saved him in his last crash. That time, he approached a crossroads. A greenlight appeared so he proceeded to go straight across the crossroad. However a petrol tanker to his right wasnt concentrating and ploughed straight over him/his car. If he hadnt of gone onto the passenger seat, he would have definitely been a dead dodo. As the lorries bumper was where my dads head should of been!

car3.jpg

I actually remember hearing about this crash as a child and being scared that he would come back looking like a monster, so I hid in the closet :sad: I should have actually been in the car that day, if I had been...bye bye me!

Did I forget to tell you....he has also been in about another 5 crashes. One of the many joys of living in pembrokeshire with its small country lanes.

So there we go, the wonderful world of crashes. At the grand old age of 19, I have already been in two car crashes and have nearly been ran over by a lorry. It does scare me just how stupid and idiotic some drivers are.

Hey Martyn,

Thanks for the update, that is a scary thing to witness let alone be part of.

Your dad has definitely got his head screwed on right reacting the way he did he must have a sixth sense :star :star :star :star :star :star

Cheers

Your Dad can now look forward to being harassed night and day by personal injury solicitors. Since my bump a couple of weeks ago I have now been called 6 times by a variety of people asking me whether I have experienced an headaches or dizziness, the last call being an hour ago.

I wouldn't mind so much if they had sorted out my claim but they are dragging their feet and I'm having to chase them.

Honestly, I think these injury solicitors/ambulance chasers are the lowest of the low. They could offer to quadruple my wages and I'd still tell them to stick their job!

Your Dad can now look forward to being harassed night and day by personal injury solicitors. Since my bump a couple of weeks ago I have now been called 6 times by a variety of people asking me whether I have experienced an headaches or dizziness, the last call being an hour ago.

I wouldn't mind so much if they had sorted out my claim but they are dragging their feet and I'm having to chase them.

Honestly, I think these injury solicitors/ambulance chasers are the lowest of the low. They could offer to quadruple my wages and I'd still tell them to stick their job!

I get headaches and dizziness most mornings, do you think I could get an injury lawyer to sue our local pub? stars.gif :dance:

Cheers

MartYn, as I've not been on the forum much I hadn't heard about this, it sounds horrific. Please send him my best wishes, I don't know how badly he was hurt, hope he recovers soon.

Those motorists seem to have been travelling fast, what was the speed limit?

Thanks for all the replies. He is fine now and is just concerned about the state of his car :eyebrow:

Those motorists seem to have been travelling fast, what was the speed limit?

The speed limit was a 60, and the fastest car was doing 55. The guy that caused it was just not thinking straight and made a stupid mistake.

At least he's is okay MartYn that’s the main thing.

I watched a TV show the other day about car design. They commented that by the end of the program 5 motorists would have died in US car crashes.

Doesn't make any sense to me at all, don't understand the human race.

• 2 weeks later...

I only just saw this post, Martyn, and I'm very sorry to hear what happened.

However, I'm very pleased to hear he is recovering well! And I hope his car isn't in a too awful state!

All the best to you and your Dad.

Best regards,

Tap